There are newer employer reviews for Intuit

The good and the bad

I have been working at Intuit

Pros

Work/life balance & benefits are great. Generally speaking, the people are nice and high-caliber in their performance. Intuit has a very strong culture, you either fit in or you're pushed out. Most folks

Cons

- Difficult to get promoted - very political and based on who you know.
- Products aren't very "sexy" - financial software.
- The company is trying to be innovative, but it's still not very clear to front line workers how the company will get there or what strategies are currently in place.
- Intuit tends to re-org every 6 months or so. This can very difficult and disruptive, as you tend change managers, groups, and tasks. You find yourself almost working from scratch and proving yourself again.. The recent reorg in Jul '08 also had a 10% reduction in the work-force.

Advice to Management

Reach out, mingle with, and listen more to front line workers.

reviews filtered by
  1. Great Company, Great People... Just a little lost at the top...

Current Employee - Senior Systems Engineer in San Diego, CA (US)
    Current Employee - Senior Systems Engineer in San Diego, CA (US)

I have been working at Intuit

Pros

Great People that always go above and beyond.

Cons

Management believes the only way to change it to turn it all up side down...

Advice to Management

Stop acting like it is some private club, start talking to employees and not at them.

Job Instability

I have been working at Intuit

Pros

Very good compensation. Colleagues are really nice to you. Very good work-life balance

Cons

No job stability esp after the recent lay-offs in July.
    Messages from the Senior Management around cost cutting and pressure on asking you to focus on your job does not make it any easier.
    Pressure gets passed on directly from the senior management
    It is really sad to see that a company with great products failed to adapt to the changing technology and today we are laggards in the market.
    A lot of ex-employees have gone out and started companies in competition which are doing much better than Intuit! and yet no action is being taken

Advice to Management

Try to keep up the morale of your employees esp after you laid-of 10% of your workforce. Stronger communication between the different business units and divisions will be highly useful.

There are newer employer reviews for Intuit