Pathetic immigration policy. Other than that, will work for Intuit again.

Current Employee - Senior Manager  in  San Diego, CA (US)
Current Employee - Senior Manager in San Diego, CA (US)

I have been working at Intuit full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

1. Great mobility options, in my 4+ years at Intuit, I have changed roles three times. Twice, I changed because I sought out growth opportunities and had constructive conversations with my managers. If you are someone who owns your career and seeks out growth (lateral and upward) opportunities, you will like this. The third time I changed roles, it was a re-org (that is an annual thing by the way) and I was given time to think it over and consider.
2. Great people and have been fortunate to have good managers - although that is entirely subjective and depends on you. Both times I spoke to my managers about moving after 18+ months in my roles, they were very supportive.
3. Very open feedback culture, at least, in the face of it. I loved that and felt like I became a better person.
4. Great benefits in comp, bonus, equity although equity is being reduced. Spotlights are a cool way of instantly rewarding performance with a small cash award ($100-$500) and recognition.
5. Good immigration lawyers who can confidently handle your H1B and Green card cases.

Cons

1. Immigration cost one star in my perspective as the Green Card policy is extremely sub par. While the lawyers are capable, internal policy is that only Staff Software Engineers qualify for EB2, everyone else, regardless of level/title only qualifies for EB3. My #1 reason for leaving Intuit is that I have >5 years of experience and am middle management, but am still considered EB3. I know folks at the Group Manager level but are in EB3 because they are not in engineering.
2. If your spouse has an option of getting an insurance elsewhere, but opts to take Intuit's (usually superior) insurance coverage, you are required to pay $100 per paycheck. That adds up and is a big sore thumb to pay $2600 per year just because my spouse has an option.
3. A little too much emphasis on soft skills and consensus and please, enough with the Leadership success profile. A little too much BS there.

Please bring the Immigration policy on par with other technology companies to prevent either an exodus or gradual attrition of immigrant talent. Please reduce the culture of management updates through powerpoint. Please review middle management based on 360 feedback and take strong action when needed...lots of dead weight floating around.

Other Reviews for Intuit

Great place to work!

I worked at Intuit full-time for less than a year

Pros

Beautiful campus, friendly enviornment. Intuit shows their employees that they are valued.

Cons

Dept outsourced so position ended

Great place to work

Former Employee - Senior Systems Engineer  in  Woodland Hills, CA (US)
    Former Employee - Senior Systems Engineer in Woodland Hills, CA (US)

I worked at Intuit full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Outstanding benefits and rewards system. You have a feeling of having an impact which is rare for a large company. The company and managers take career growth seriously. Brad Smith, the CEO is probably the best there is. He is very engaging and trusts his people.

Cons

High turnover rate of senior level management in IT means strategies are never fully realized. They really need a strong CIO.

Find a CIO who will commit to staying longer the two or three years to see a plan through to the end.

There are newer employer reviews for Intuit.

Worked for Intuit? Contribute to the Community!