There are newer employer reviews for Intuit

Pathetic immigration policy. Other than that, will work for Intuit again.

Current Employee - Senior Manager in San Diego, CA (US)
Current Employee - Senior Manager in San Diego, CA (US)

I have been working at Intuit full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

1. Great mobility options, in my 4+ years at Intuit, I have changed roles three times. Twice, I changed because I sought out growth opportunities and had constructive conversations with my managers. If you are someone who owns your career and seeks out growth (lateral and upward) opportunities, you will like this. The third time I changed roles, it was a re-org (that is an annual thing by the way) and I was given time to think it over and consider.
2. Great people and have been fortunate to have good managers - although that is entirely subjective and depends on you. Both times I spoke to my managers about moving after 18+ months in my roles, they were very supportive.
3. Very open feedback culture, at least, in the face of it. I loved that and felt like I became a better person.
4. Great benefits in comp, bonus, equity although equity is being reduced. Spotlights are a cool way of instantly rewarding performance with a small cash award ($100-$500) and recognition.
5. Good immigration lawyers who can confidently handle your H1B and Green card cases.

Cons

1. Immigration cost one star in my perspective as the Green Card policy is extremely sub par. While the lawyers are capable, internal policy is that only Staff Software Engineers qualify for EB2, everyone else, regardless of level/title only qualifies for EB3. My #1 reason for leaving Intuit is that I have >5 years of experience and am middle management, but am still considered EB3. I know folks at the Group Manager level but are in EB3 because they are not in engineering.
2. If your spouse has an option of getting an insurance elsewhere, but opts to take Intuit's (usually superior) insurance coverage, you are required to pay $100 per paycheck. That adds up and is a big sore thumb to pay $2600 per year just because my spouse has an option.
3. A little too much emphasis on soft skills and consensus and please, enough with the Leadership success profile. A little too much BS there.

Please bring the Immigration policy on par with other technology companies to prevent either an exodus or gradual attrition of immigrant talent. Please reduce the culture of management updates through powerpoint. Please review middle management based on 360 feedback and take strong action when needed...lots of dead weight floating around.

1601 Other Employee Reviews for Intuit (View Most Recent)

Great place to work!

I worked at Intuit full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Beautiful campus, friendly enviornment. Intuit shows their employees that they are valued.

Cons

Dept outsourced so position ended

A fantastic place to work, though like everywhere, challenges exist

Current Employee - Senior Project Manager in Tucson, AZ (US)
    Current Employee - Senior Project Manager in Tucson, AZ (US)

I have been working at Intuit full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

Amazing investment in talent, if you go looking
    Open culture of feedback
    Lots of opportunity -- have an idea? Go for it!
    Culture of experimentation is coming -- scientific method and lean methodologies gaining strength and steam...

Cons

Lots of org. change -- hard to gain speed on career with org. changes so frequent
    Some org's are fairly political and that can be frustrating for some who don't like to play that game, this is pretty rare though
    Some processes are too heavy and get in the way; for those who don't find this difficult to navigate, this can be very frustrating

Continue investment in career growth and trajectory. Continue investment in scientific method as the basis for strategy and decision-making

There are newer employer reviews for Intuit