Iron Mountain Records Management Incorporated

I have been working at Iron Mountain Inc full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

12 years strong , lots of vacation time, managers trust me to work independently and make decisions when I need too

Cons

Hi tech ,, I.E. paperless hurting the business

Less HIGH management needed , , more sales , less big time Suits

Other Reviews for Iron Mountain Inc

good people and place to work

Current Employee - Project Manager  in  Boston, MA (US)
    Current Employee - Project Manager in Boston, MA (US)

I have been working at Iron Mountain Inc as a contractor for less than a year

Pros

engaging folks possibly lots of ops for the right person, seemed like some folks been there forever, I think some groups really understand the work while the ability to deliver it is different for each department.

Cons

global disorganization- head quarters wants a holistic view of their company but cannot put every group across the many countries on the same systems with uniform data and support.

Be more engaging and aware of what motivates your employees.

Run...unless you're a BFF of a Director!

I worked at Iron Mountain Inc full-time for more than a year

Pros

Investors will be happy when the company reaches REIT. If you like to watch "Game of Thrones," you can play a real life version working here.

Cons

Just about everything else. The company prides itself on promotions, but they are just title elevations. Brown nosing is encouraged. When people leave, no one gets promoted to the actual vacant role, except for the sycophants, and even then it is only if the director or VP does not have a friend they want to give the job to. Interviews are a dog and pony show; management knows whom they want to hire, despite how under qualified or incompetent they are. People are asked to leave when they voice disagreements. Lost of intradepartment feuding when a senior person leaves as each director strives to make their team look good and everyone else look bad. You can tell who is losing because he or she will jump ship and let his or her underlings be reassigned to the conquering manager.

Get your act together! You cannot leave departments leaderless for months to years and not expect this sort of mentality. Be more vigilant about the cronyism. There is a lot of it.

There are newer employer reviews for Iron Mountain Inc.

Worked for Iron Mountain Inc? Contribute to the Community!