They Have Huge Problems and no concern to fix them

Former Employee - DCS Driver in Breinigsville, PA (US)
Former Employee - DCS Driver in Breinigsville, PA (US)

I worked at J.B. Hunt full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Lots of work
at Least its a job

Cons

Where do I start? Work and Life balance is terrible. They avoid paying for things like breakdowns. Often miss (avoid?) paying for extras like drop and hooks, unloading times. Too much power given to store associates in paperwork that effects pay. Pay is wrong all the time, yet that problem is never fixed, it just keeps happenning. Avoidance is the standard way to take on problems. If you are a problem child, or they even think you are, you are terminated. They have a really poor culture that just keeps on getting passed through as people play the game and move up by being quiet, Health and safety concerns at this location. No sick days, threaten you with firing. Bad insurance program.
They are terrified of unionization.

Advice to Management

Stop plugging in newbies in both management and driving force. The avoidance factor is unreal there. Fix problems, but more importantly start listening to your employees, otherwise you'll stay a last resort. You should really think about fixing these issues, because the driving universe has the goods on you.

reviews filtered by
  1. Management not properly placed

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in South Gate, CA (US)
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in South Gate, CA (US)

I have been working at J.B. Hunt full-time

Pros

Friendly environment, salary is competitive, access to industry leading tools.

Cons

Employee manager lacks ability to be a leader, allows other junior employees to control and manipulate company rules and policy's. Good ole' boy network is obvious to the point that senior managers have given up. Moral is very low among managers.

Advice to Management

Stand up and take charge. The same mistakes are repeated day after day. The same employee's continue with same daily company violations. You have the policies in place to change these things, time to take charge and do your job as SR Manager. Manage your fleet managers.

2. So So workplace, so so salary

Current Employee - Operations Supervisor
    Current Employee - Operations Supervisor

I have been working at J.B. Hunt full-time (More than a year)

Pros

It's a job for sure, but maybe not a career. High driver turn over and bad equipment

Cons

Long Hours, under-paid per industry average, high priced benefits package.