There are newer employer reviews for J. C. Penney

JCPenney

Former Employee - Warehouse in Fort Worth, TX (US)
Former Employee - Warehouse in Fort Worth, TX (US)

I worked at J. C. Penney full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Best company I ever worked for. Reason for leaving was that I moved.

Cons

Wasn't able to do 'on-the-job-training' as nuch as they said I would be able to.

reviews filtered by
  1. We can and will replace you

Former Employee - Jewelry Sales in Kennesaw, GA (US)
    Former Employee - Jewelry Sales in Kennesaw, GA (US)

I worked at J. C. Penney full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

You have a job that makes some money. The discount you get is 25% and you are allowed special shopping days. They do some recognition of your achievements. I made some friends that I still communicate with outside of that job.

Cons

They treat you as if you are replaceable. The company has a horrible turn over rate. Because of the new structure of the company if you are not available all the time you get punished bey loss of hours.

Advice to Management

Realize that your employees have lives outside of the store. Remember that at one point you were a regular employee and not a manager and remember how hard it was to prove yourself to the hire ups.

2. Scared Service Specialist.

Current Employee - Sales Specialist in Temecula, CA (US)
    Current Employee - Sales Specialist in Temecula, CA (US)

I have been working at J. C. Penney part-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Flexible with schedules. Great associate discount.

Cons

-The Management at JCPenney {2783} are completely incompetent. They expect their employees to be frightened during their entire shift, constantly using scare tactics to keep employees on their toes. I was told recently that I would be fired (in front of a loyal customer) if *my manager* saw me being as unproductive as I had been. The employees are constantly scolded when helping regulars, friends, or family. The company strives to be "America's favorite store" but if you ask any employee they're currently looking for a new job/ highly dissatisfied with the store.
    -There is a huge communication gap between management and staff. Rules change daily and no communication is ever present to notify peoples whom it affects.

Advice to Management

Coach your "experts" on how to be professional when scolding employees in front of customers. Improve communication.
    Stop using scare tactics if you want to be America's favorite store. They reflect onto the customers.

There are newer employer reviews for J. C. Penney