J.P. Morgan

www.jpmorganchase.com
  www.jpmorganchase.com
There are newer employer reviews for J.P. Morgan

Very good pay and culture

I have been working at J.P. Morgan

Pros

Competitive pay along with rest of street

Cons

A lot of late nights
High turnover among analysts

4399 Other Employee Reviews for J.P. Morgan (View Most Recent)

Disappointing - get everything in writing

Former Employee - Vice President Financial Advisor
    Former Employee - Vice President Financial Advisor

I worked at J.P. Morgan full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Great experience for high school grads or college grads who want to get their foot in the door in the financial industry and learn about mutual funds.

Cons

Accounts are moved around a lot. The responsibility for another advisors portfolio choices and client servicing goes to the receiving advisor. The advisor is responsible for training bankers and tellers, in addition to prospecting, meeting with clients and selling. The bankers and tellers expect incentives from advisors for referrals, and the advisors get less pay than bankers. Bankers turn into advisors then turn back into bankers. It is important to get along with the people in the branch and management, selling and investing is secondary. If your manager likes you then you will do well here and get handed accounts when advisors leave, which is often. Not a professional environment.

Change the title - this is the only Vice President position I know of that pays less than unemployment. And hire management from outside the company so they have experience in the real world not the Chase world.

Avoid at all cost!!!

I have been working at J.P. Morgan (more than an year)

Pros

Vacation is available as well as personal time. That's about it.

Cons

This place is an absolute nightmare. Without question the worst company I've ever worked for. Every day you lose more of your soul to this company.. They screw you by telling you what the customer was really "asking" for and clearly none of the managers listen seriously to these calls. They are all a bunch of "yes men" and have very few original thoughts and people willing to step up to fix errors that are clearly apart of this company. It will be the happiest day in my life when I leave this company.

Actually listen to what your customers want

There are newer employer reviews for J.P. Morgan