There are newer employer reviews for JetBlue

Overall amazing place to work...

Current Employee - Analyst in Long Island City, NY (US)
Current Employee - Analyst in Long Island City, NY (US)

I have been working at JetBlue

Pros

Great work/life balance and flexibility in the corporate office. Long Island City office is state-of-the-art. Work with some very positive, talented, passionate people. Professional development and promotional/lateral opportunities are available. Travel benefits are always great.

Cons

Some people definitely shouldn't be in the positions they're in... not just referring to management roles. Nearly impossible to get fired once you're in, and I think a lot of people take advantage of that.

Way too much emphasis placed on talent development. Don't get me wrong, *professional* development is extremely important, but a stronger focus needs to be placed on talent acquisition... bring in the right people, both front-line and support side because there are a lot of disgruntled people and otherwise "bad apples" here that aren't going to develop no matter how many Principles of Leadership classes you put them through.

Recruiting team is very friendly, but the process is long and takes a lot of patience. After applying, don't expect to hear anything for several months if at all.

Salary/benefits are lower than other industries, but that's part of working for an airline. It's fun and very rewarding, but certainly not a place to get rich. Know what you're getting into before applying, it's not for everyone.

Advice to Management

Focus on bringing in the right people! It's vital for our future success...

reviews filtered by
  1. Descent salary, most flexible schedule, unprofessional employees, physical work.

Current Employee - Ground Operations in New York, NY (US)
    Current Employee - Ground Operations in New York, NY (US)

I have been working at JetBlue

Pros

Benefits and flying perks are good. The schedule is very flexible - shift trades are a breeze online. Lots of potential overtime. Good for college kids etc. Day-to-day job.

Cons

No opportunity for advancement to management side of the house.

2. Ran through

I worked at JetBlue

Pros

competitive pay with other airlines

Cons

Lack of benifits, communication from upper management, no job security, may for you to relocate across the country with only a weeks notice

Advice to Management

Too money hungry.