What goes up must come down

Former Employee - Ground Operations Crew  in  Boston, MA (US)
Former Employee - Ground Operations Crew in Boston, MA (US)

I worked at JetBlue

Pros

It all started Great! obviously you get flying for free. and being able to work as many hours as you desire. Great co-workers that are on the same level as you. Long breaks in between assignments. breaks were awsome. plenty of access to computers. Huge screen Television. They give you your uniform. They send you to Orlando for 2 weeks just to train. Basically, you could get any days off you wanted. Your schedule is set. it only changes four times a year. During the winter you can work a lot of overtime lines and you can make a lot of cash. Overall, working with this company was great.

Cons

Leadership, Leadership, Leadership. Management was the worst part of the job. They were the most arrogant, Sarcastic, and unsupportive supervisors and managers that I have worked with. They picked favorites. The people who "suck up" or are the "brown nosers" are the ones that got treated with respect. The reason why I was terminated was because of an attendance issue. I was late about 10 times in 10 months for no more than 15 minutes each time. they would never excuse it no matter what the circumstance. I was involved in a car accident on my way to work and they told me " You are responsible to get to work on time." but when somone comes in and says "I'm late because I thought my shift started at a later time" and they would excuse them. it was ridiculous. This was a very rough Landing for me, I never would go back to that company.

I feel that as a whole company everyone is fairly happy with the way they work. but if you step down from the whole company perspective and zeroed in on each individual region, down to the city, down to the department, and finally down to each individual crew member I am sure you will get a huge variety of reviews. I knew people who loved the company loved getting walked on and disrespected. while others, like me who averaged 65 to 75 hours a week who just kept taking it and taking it, hated the job. I think you need to do a more in depth review of crewmembers before they are considered for leadership positions.

Other Reviews for JetBlue

JetBlue: Bringing passion back to travel, starting with their crewmembers.

Current Employee - Customer Service/Airport Operations  in  Boston, MA (US)
    Current Employee - Customer Service/Airport Operations in Boston, MA (US)

I have been working at JetBlue

Pros

Being employed by JetBlue gives me an oppurtunity to work for an up and coming company and still have the values of a family owned buisness. It has really opened my doors to meeting many new people and having several resources for other career oppurtunities. I love my job and i love the customer service aspect of it all. Having the chance to make travel a happier and more relaxing task has paid off in the years i have been employed. Over the past decade travel has become stressful, aggrivating, and very inpersonable. I feel JetBlue has changed that by being more in touch with our passengers. The airline industry strives for each passenger to want to get right back on that aircraft when it lands, and here at JetBlue we have certainly achieved that. Every employee feels as if they make a difference in the operation, and truth of the matter is, we do.

Cons

There are downsides of working in every field. The major disadvantage we endure here at JetBlue is the unstability of working in the airline industry. Its not a career you can depend on 100% of the time. The constant demand and pressure of getting each flight out on time all while doing so with a smile is sometimes difficult in such a crucial customer service based workplace. Working for an airline, in my opinion, is more difficult than working for a high-end restaurant. Being depended on to satisfy every passenger isn't always easy, especially when you cant control the weather. Traveling isn't always easy, and you have to keep the mindset that not all of these people are traveling for vacation. Several of them have just had a death in the family, or is relocating to a very unfavorable place and they are going to look for a reason to argue. Sensitivity and passion play a very large role in customer service here. Keeping that in mind as well as safely and successfully completing your job is a difficult balance.

Being senior management for such a large company is not simple. As far as the operational needs go i feel they haev a good amount of control and things work very smoothly. What i feel does need a little improvement is the relationship the management has with our crewmembers. Being personable and caring for the needs of not only our work life, but our personal life outside of the workplace is important. If they had closer relationships with the employees i feel it would be easier to go to management with a problem or help with improving our skills. We are not always encouraged to confide in our senior management due to te fear of failure they have instilled in us.

jetBlue a great place to work and to explore the world

Current Employee - Baggage Service Coordinator  in  New York, NY (US)
    Current Employee - Baggage Service Coordinator in New York, NY (US)

I have been working at JetBlue

Pros

the ability to be able to fly whenever you want to and whereever you want to (keeping in mind you are flying standby) anywhere in the jetBlue system and virtually anyhwere in the world on any airline that partners with jetBlue, the work environment is great and the support from management and co-workers is better than any job i've had

Cons

The attendance is a little bit strict, the fact that you're going to have to give up your weekends if your seniortiy is not high enough. Working on major holidays, and spending new year's eve at the job. Dealing with Irregular Operations (IROP's as we call them) and dealing with dissatisfied customers.

They're already going a great job, unlike other airlines cutting people they are trying to be different than the rest of the airline industry.

There are newer employer reviews for JetBlue.

Worked for JetBlue? Contribute to the Community!