Work hard play harder

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Palo Alto, CA (US)

I have been working at Jive Software full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Jive is a great company to work for. Everyone is extremely friendly and willing to lend a helping hand. I have never worked for a company with so many positive and outgoing people. Everyone here works extremely hard, and knows how to have a good time as well to help balance the work.

Cons

Ramp up was quick, but was well worth it. Get you into your roll and functioning immediately, just have to be prepared for it.

reviews filtered by

Not a bad career stop but many better options in silicon valley

Current Employee - Engineering Management Function
    Current Employee - Engineering Management Function

I have been working at Jive Software full-time

Pros

Interesting, cutting edge domain (Social Enterprise). Some decent engineering talent. Seasoned group of exec management. Beer on tap!

Cons

Inexperience is generally lacking in key areas. Obsessive focus on UX and consumerizing the enterprise misses the boat for landing the biggest paying customers. Core product development suffers from overall lack of diverse experience in engineering leading to difficult architecture, inefficient process, and poor performance of the software. Founders have no non-Jive experience to base key decisions on, resulting in poor steering of the ship. Post IPO shift to ultra conservative, stock preservation strategy but exec staff took the wind out of the sails for making any real change in the market.

Advice to Management

ring in external experience for key roles such as CTO and strategy to start shifting the culture towards more profitible targets. Otherwise, gear up for acquisition as the most profitible long term exit strategy, while the market for the company is still warm.

Awesome place to work, great culture and strong leadership

I have been working at Jive Software

Pros

Great perks, strong leadership and communication internally, amazing culture of excellence.

Cons

Growing so fast that hard to keep up!