There are newer employer reviews for KLA-Tencor

KLA-Tencor is a Good company, free working environment.....

Current Employee - Field Applications Engineer in Hsinchu (Taiwan)
Current Employee - Field Applications Engineer in Hsinchu (Taiwan)

I have been working at KLA-Tencor full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Good working environment, nice office

Cons

Staying in Clean room for a long time

reviews filtered by
  1. KLA-Tencor India - a nice place to work

Current Employee - Associate Tech Lead in Chennai (India)
    Current Employee - Associate Tech Lead in Chennai (India)

I have been working at KLA-Tencor full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

1. Good starting salary and bonuses
    2. If you have done engineering from a core engineering domain, like Electrical, Mechanical or Chemical you will love your programming job too.
    3. You do a lot of self learning (I think this is the reason why it takes longer for people to climb the ladder).
    4. Helpful manager and team mates.
    5. No politics

Cons

1. Don't see work hard party harder attitude. It's work work work and no party place.
    2. KLA-Tencor India doesn't get same treatment as KLA-Tencor US. In terms of facilities and training.
    3. Sometime self-training doesn't work and it takes a huge time to understand the domain. Sometime it gets challenging to understand your own domain.
    4. Wish there were good documentation in code. Huge code base without much documentation there makes a new developer's life a bit difficult. (Instead of Con I can say it as area of improvement)
    5. Flexible timings (Yes, it's a Con. Those who come late, ended up working too late in the evening, which looks like virtually all the time you are working)

Advice to Management

I am not a fresher, but have seen complaints from freshers that there is no formal training. I am an experienced candidate and hence can manage without any training but for a fresher it becomes very difficult specially when domain is not the easy one and documentation is very minimal.

Business units good. Corp functions lacking.

Current Employee - Human Resources in Milpitas, CA (US)
    Current Employee - Human Resources in Milpitas, CA (US)

I have been working at KLA-Tencor full-time

Pros

Awesome challenges. Great business. Lots of opportunity. Many great people.

Business unit leaders are great. Facing unique challenges with lots of opportunities to learn and grow.

Cons

Corp functions. HR is a bunch of functional silos that don't communicate. Too much politics. Not living core values.
    Within the HR group there is a lack of trust and communication. The various functions aren't working as a team and personal agendas at the VP level are creating friction and tension between the functions.

Advice to Management

Change values to include mutual trust and recognition. Leadership change in some corp functions.