There are newer employer reviews for KPMG US

Great place to build skills and enhance external career opportunities in chosen specialty area.

I worked at KPMG US full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Longstanding commitment to their communities; values driven service and employee focus; constant focus on future and emerging trends which positively impact the business.

Cons

Lack of consistency in partner commitment to firm values and application of same; shifting gudelines for performance management which creates ambiguity and lack of confidence in the process.

Partner satisfaction and good relationships with their peers are key to a positive work environment for everyone; excessive pressure on partners to generate revenue can negatively impact the energy of the organization.

3031 Other Employee Reviews for KPMG US (View Most Recent)

Concealed slavery

Current Employee - Senior Consultant  in  Ottawa, ON (Canada)
    Current Employee - Senior Consultant in Ottawa, ON (Canada)

I have been working at KPMG US full-time for more than a year

Pros

Chance to work with big clients. Get to wear fancy suits.

Cons

There is absolutely no work life balance. For example, benefits such as parental leave and personal care time will not give you a break in the chargeable budget that you have to meet. This means if you take time off to spend with your family, which you are entitled to, you will have to make up for the chargeable hours on your spare time. Basically this means you don't have any time-off benefits.

The only way you will ever make up for the time that you spend working for this company is if you make Partner. That means you first need to work about 12, 15, 20 years of 60+ hours/week. The reason why partners make so much money is because 99% of all employees will NEVER make Partner. It's a clever form of slavery.

I'm speechless, you people have a severe lack of leadership skills.

Fine.

Current Employee - Audit Senior Associate  in  New York, NY (US)
    Current Employee - Audit Senior Associate in New York, NY (US)

I have been working at KPMG US full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Great people. Good clients. Decent benefits.

Cons

Unfair rating system - was told that I perform at the highest rating but there are too many people at that rating so I'm bumped down. Can't get me a rotation to the office that I want even though I am an excellent performer.

Work harder to keep the quality employees.

There are newer employer reviews for KPMG US

Worked for KPMG US? Contribute to the Community!