Ketchum Change

www.ketchum.com/change-management
  www.ketchum.com/change-management
There are newer employer reviews for Ketchum Change

Amazing people, challenging work, creative consulting

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)

I have been working at Ketchum Change full-time (more than an year)

Pros

I've been at KPC for over a year and the organization has done a complete 180. With a team that is 95% new, yet still has history and roots from Stromberg Consulting, along with outstanding leadership, our boutique consultancy has turned into a power house for innovative change management thinking, the highest standards of client service and break through thought leadership.

The team is made up of smart, fun and motivated consultants. The culture is set up to be supportive for those starting off a career path and entrepreneurial for those looking to use their experience to bring fresh ideas and insights to client challenges. And, for a typical consulting firm, the travel model is much more manageable which allows you to still have a home base the majority of the time.

With the collaboration and backing of Ketchum, we have a strong foundation as a communications firm, but targeted expertise in change management, organizational effectiveness and employee communications/engagement. Our projects are grounded in Change/OD methodology with the expectation and room to create innovative and unique solutions for each different project.

Cons

There are the typical work/life balance challenges that come with any consulting job. Although the travel is about 30-40% (rather than 100%), we are still in a client service focused role, which often requires more than a typical 9-5 day. Since we are a small team and our business is growing very fast (which is great), we are working in a fast-paced environment and often are balancing multiple projects at once. On the flip side, this allows a lot of opportunity for career growth and the ability to be challenged. Additionally, to address the commitment and hard work, the leadership team promotes flexibility in work schedules and is really great about encouraging and supporting work/life balance to the extent possible in this industry.

9 Other Employee Reviews for Ketchum Change (View Most Recent)

A great consultancy squandered

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)

I worked at Ketchum Change

Pros

Overall a great team of talent from the legacy Stromberg Consulting group. Work consists of some great brands from the Ketchum and Omnicom roster.

Cons

Leaders who grew up in the PR business trying to run a consultancy. Increasingly an internal communications shop with a culture, benefits, development and leadership being driven by the PR mothership.

Ketchum has struggled for nearly 10 years to integrate the former Stromberg Consulting, with a rotating door of 7 leaders in 9 years. They are now losing even more ground as they struggle to integrate the Pleon communications shop.

Account Management Intern

I have been working at Ketchum Change

Pros

Being an intern at Ketchum is an incredible experience. Not many have the opportunity, but if you break through, I hope you make the best of it. This internship is not one for fetching coffee or running errands - you are a part of the team immediately, working along side those at every level. As an intern, you learn something new everyday and everything you work on is necessary to the business. Ketchum does everything possible to help in your transitions, workload and education.
    Ketchum Chicago hires when a position is open (4-5 interns at a time).

Cons

Unfortunately, being hired on is all about timing. You have to work very hard, mix well with the Ketchum Culture, and hope for perfect timing.

Ketchum Chicago's upper management are some of the most amazing PR Pros I've ever met. I'm very thankful that I get to work with them because they are always so willing to offer advice and support your professional dreams!

There are newer employer reviews for Ketchum Change