There are newer employer reviews for Kimberly-Clark

Solid company

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Neenah, WI (US)
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Neenah, WI (US)

I have been working at Kimberly-Clark full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Fantastic assembly of people, some of the most iconic brands in the world and, depending on what brand you work for, the ability to independently manage a large swath of the business

Cons

Location relative to other CPG companies is not optimal and for 2-3 brands the amount of layered over-staffing can be stifling.

Less interference is better, however I've never worked at a company whose people, from the CEO to the Admin, had as much passion for what they do and so much personality doing it

475 Other Employee Reviews for Kimberly-Clark (View Most Recent)

Management doesn't get it.

Current Employee - Individual Contributor in Roswell, GA (US)
    Current Employee - Individual Contributor in Roswell, GA (US)

I have been working at Kimberly-Clark full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

-Great coworkers
    -Great location for Metro Atlanta area
    -Beautiful corporate campus
    -Great health center/exercise facility and wellness programs
    -Decent benefits; medical/dental/profit sharing

Cons

-Management driven by Street results...regardless of internal "cost"
    -Respect for employees/indviduals marginal at best
    -Old boy network; promotion based on who you know/currying favor
    -Limited recognition of individual contribution
    -Old forced ranking system was deadly; new system is inexplicable
    -Average pay now limited by "Market Based Compensation" measures
    -Internal employee motivation programs based on ludicrous consultant recommendations
    -Unresolved struggle between old school and new school management philosophies @ top
    -Lean and mean has become corporate anorexia; too many tasks, too few people
    -Top management completely out of touch with day-to-day employee issues, needs and activities
    -Ridiculous internal computer/data systems for day-to-day operation with no training; systems change with no announcement, leaving non-IT employees to "work it out on the ground"
    -Team leaders/directors have their eyes pointed upwards; very limited contact/direction for their teams

Looking down the barrel of a 30+ year career, I've seen good and bad from KC. Right now, it's mostly bad.

The company just reissued an engagenement survey...the same as done 2-3 years ago. The results then were pretty abysmal, but none of that feedback got management action. No doubt, this survey will yield the same results. I'm sure it's a warm feeling in the pants of top management, but when will management really listen? All those employees can't be completely wrong.

Get back in touch. Mill workers feel management is out of touch. Professionals think they're out of touch. Go spend some time on the shop floor...in the marketing and sales offices. See what the real issues are...and meditate on what you fine before making your next cost-cutting decision.

Pick a direction and a corporate mission that's real and home-grown. The consultants are sucking money out of you. You know he business, the assets and capabilities. Whatever you decide, resouce it and stick with it.

Good coop experiences

Current Employee - Engineering Co-Op in Neenah, WI (US)
    Current Employee - Engineering Co-Op in Neenah, WI (US)

I have been working at Kimberly-Clark as an intern (more than an year)

Pros

The company put me in engineering rolls that I might have someday. I worked in materials research, product research and design, and production engineering. Each time I was given a real project/task I could own and complete (mostly) in four months. I got a good look at what future career options may look like.

Cons

Mills tend to be in smaller towns, so it can get lonely for coops. Also, you're on your own for housing.

Help coops make strategic plans to see a wide variety of job roles. My career path has happened to go this way, but I think it's a good thing to do deliberately.

There are newer employer reviews for Kimberly-Clark