Kohl's

www.kohlscorporation.com
Employer Engaged
There are newer employer reviews for Kohl's

Good management and opportunities; still retail.

Former Employee - Jewelry Associate in Fort Myers, FL (US)
Former Employee - Jewelry Associate in Fort Myers, FL (US)

I worked at Kohl's part-time (more than a year)

Pros

-Flexible scheduling and good work/life balance
-Decent opportunities for advancement
-Strong communication between all levels of employees
-Good compensation for the position

Cons

-It's still retail - customers are often inconsiderate, rude, messy, and just awful
-Have to sell credit cards

2674 Other Employee Reviews for Kohl's (View Most Recent)

Great friendly environment, very low wage and minimal hours though

Current Employee - Cashier in Clearwater, FL (US)
    Current Employee - Cashier in Clearwater, FL (US)

I have been working at Kohl's part-time (less than a year)

Pros

People are quite happy working there, the team is really involved and management is excellent with staying on top of things and ensuring everyone knows what is going on. Help is always a few steps away and for the most part, customers are quite pleasant too!

Cons

Sporadic scheduling. I'll work 8 hours one week and 30 another. Very unreliable scheduling though they do work around your own flexibility. I would like to work more hours and the tiny pay is certainly nothing to smile about. I make just over minimum wage and I've been in retail/customer service for 12 years. It's a slap in the face to my skill level and accomplishments in the work field. For a multi million dollar corporation, you'd think they would at least make an attempt to pay people a competitive wage. I'm 30 and make the same amount as a 16 year old. It's insulting. Also, the 15% employee discount is usually LESS than what customers get. We get it more frequently, but I cringe giving 30% off to customers and they get better deals and perks than I do as an associate. I believe we should get 20% to be fair.

Pay employees based on experience, skill level and accomplishments... Not just your bare minimum. I love working at Kohls, but I'll be jumping on another job that will pay me what I deserve to make.

Expect to Be Tired, Frustrated and Angry

Former Employee - Stocking and Cashier in Shelby Township, MI (US)
    Former Employee - Stocking and Cashier in Shelby Township, MI (US)

I worked at Kohl's part-time (less than a year)

Pros

They'll take anybody. If you desperately need money, apply here.

Cons

They'll take anybody. Interview process is insulting and meant to reduce you to being just another replaceable cog in their money machine. Pathetic pay with completely irrational and unrealistic expectations of performance. Cliques and favoritism. Open resentment and hostility from permanent, long-term, full-time employees towards temporary, part-time holiday hires. Zero training, zero communication, zero responsibility for either. Hours/days availability completely ignored by scheduler. Forced to take breaks with "your group" instead of when you actually need a break - eating your meal only 90 minutes after clocking in, then being made to stand and work (much of it consisting of lifting heavy boxes and stock) in a hot, dry store for 6 hours straight with NO water, food or restroom breaks without a manager's permission. Managers are never to be found. WAY to much stock comes in every few days and there's no place to put it - store is a perpetual mess, and It's only made worse by greedy, ungrateful, non-stop chaos-creating jerk customers.

What management? It's a heartless, clueless plutocracy.

There are newer employer reviews for Kohl's