Kohl's

www.kohlscorporation.com
Employer Engaged
There are newer employer reviews for Kohl's

Overall good benefit package

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Brooklyn, NY (US)
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Brooklyn, NY (US)

I have been working at Kohl's full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

continous raises and flexible scheduling

Cons

hard to get promotions for a higher position in management

2657 Other Employee Reviews for Kohl's (View Most Recent)

Absolutely atrocious. Treated like garbage by management and other co-workers.

Former Employee - Sales Associate in Mira Loma, CA (US)
    Former Employee - Sales Associate in Mira Loma, CA (US)

I worked at Kohl's part-time (less than a year)

Pros

none, there is no positives to working at this store.

Cons

Everybody who works there is rude to one another, EVERYBODY. I was treated with such disrespect that I had to quit my job here. Very unprofessional way of handling things, the way it is run is terribly unorganized. The managers are inconsiderate, and treat you like garbage. I even had a racial slur thrown at me. I can't believe how they have so many people working there for more than a month.

Treat your employees with dignity and respect. Organize your schedule and your store.

Poor Training

Current Employee - Cust Service in Sanford, FL (US)
    Current Employee - Cust Service in Sanford, FL (US)

I have been working at Kohl's part-time (less than a year)

Pros

Some friendly co-workers who don't mind helping the newbie.

Cons

Un believable lack of training. Seasonal help, get thrown into the mix, and are expected to know the registers with very minimal training.

When new hires are hired, CBT training is nothing, but watching how to behave towards customers and answer the follow up questions. Then you have a little register training which in my case and 2 others with me, meant standing at a register with a thick book and left alone to read and practice on the register. Well if your alone and can't even sign on, because you weren't shown, there was no point. Then the actual day you are scheduled to work, you shadowed someone, and in my case it was so much to learn and remember it was impossible, after STILL no register training I personally was put into Customer service and trained or lack of by a person who was leaving the state in a few days so that was again, no training because she was interested in not training properly. Then I was left alone a few days later. There are so many scenarios that come up on a register for helping a customer that I had no clue of how to handle, I had to call E3's constantly and they were annoyed over this, I learned returns, payments and sale ring ups by by self. I understand the supervisors can only do so much, because this is the way corporate wants it. Holidays are next week, I hope I survive.

There are newer employer reviews for Kohl's