Kohl's

www.kohlscorporation.com
  www.kohlscorporation.com
There are newer employer reviews for Kohl's

Overall good benefit package

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Brooklyn, NY (US)
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Brooklyn, NY (US)

I have been working at Kohl's full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

continous raises and flexible scheduling

Cons

hard to get promotions for a higher position in management

2417 Other Employee Reviews for Kohl's (View Most Recent)

Horrible management

Former Employee - Sales Floor Associate in Gilbert, AZ (US)
    Former Employee - Sales Floor Associate in Gilbert, AZ (US)

I worked at Kohl's part-time (more than an year)

Pros

They will give you more hours if you ask for it.

Cons

Management do not care about their customers. I called a manager because a customer got hurt (store policy that sales floor associates call managers) and they said they would come but they never did. Store policy said I would know my schedule two weeks in advance, instead I would have to wait the day before to see if I worked the next day.

Care about your employees. Don't just stand next to the cashier during closing hours when there are no customers, why not go fold some clothes nearby.

Poor Training

Current Employee - Cust Service in Sanford, FL (US)
    Current Employee - Cust Service in Sanford, FL (US)

I have been working at Kohl's part-time (less than an year)

Pros

Some friendly co-workers who don't mind helping the newbie.

Cons

Un believable lack of training. Seasonal help, get thrown into the mix, and are expected to know the registers with very minimal training.

When new hires are hired, CBT training is nothing, but watching how to behave towards customers and answer the follow up questions. Then you have a little register training which in my case and 2 others with me, meant standing at a register with a thick book and left alone to read and practice on the register. Well if your alone and can't even sign on, because you weren't shown, there was no point. Then the actual day you are scheduled to work, you shadowed someone, and in my case it was so much to learn and remember it was impossible, after STILL no register training I personally was put into Customer service and trained or lack of by a person who was leaving the state in a few days so that was again, no training because she was interested in not training properly. Then I was left alone a few days later. There are so many scenarios that come up on a register for helping a customer that I had no clue of how to handle, I had to call E3's constantly and they were annoyed over this, I learned returns, payments and sale ring ups by by self. I understand the supervisors can only do so much, because this is the way corporate wants it. Holidays are next week, I hope I survive.

There are newer employer reviews for Kohl's