There are newer employer reviews for Kohler

extremely good, nice people, good management

I have been working at Kohler

Pros

very good work atmospheric office.....

Cons

There are no cons for the company

163 Other Employee Reviews for Kohler (View Most Recent)

Great experience. Would not go back.

Former Employee - Mechanical Project Engineer  in  Kohler, WI (US)
    Former Employee - Mechanical Project Engineer in Kohler, WI (US)

I worked at Kohler full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Diverser cross functional experience. Ability to work in high level position very early in career. International experience. Nice new offie for engines engineering. The Sheboygan area is a decent place to live and close enough to visit Milwaukee for a splash of culture. Lots of genuine and nice people at the working levels.

Cons

Cash compensation only slightly better than low end contract firms. My total cash compensation grew 90% when I moved on. Very disorganized and not clearly process driven. Training and development opportunities could stand to be better organized. HVK makes every important decision, so middle management indecision is rampent and progress can grind to a hault. Who you know being more important than what you know is more prevalent than most corporate environments. Nepotism is a term you need to be very comfortable with.

Pay your employees an average wage based on the industry and responsibility. Adopt some kind of formal continuous improvement process: A3, Six Sigma, Lean Process, anything. Become publicly traded or oust Herb, though David is not much better.

Kohler's missed opportunity in a southern state. [Searcy Arkansas]

Former Employee - Non-scab, Due Payer  in  Searcy, AR (US)
    Former Employee - Non-scab, Due Payer in Searcy, AR (US)

I worked at Kohler full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Good Company, with a solid product. The only company I've ever worked for, with which I consider myself their customer. Very reasonable with Organized labor.

Cons

They allowed a clique majority of production workers, - polishers - at UAW local 100; to create the widest range of incomes I've ever seen, even in non-union shops: 27K - 90K. Had that money been spread out more evenly, strikes would have not happened. My Father and Uncles were UAW, and I was a member as well - Searcy's Local 100 was NOT how organized labor Works. Those of you failed the People of Searcy Arkansas; whatever you're doing now, do it over in baldknob.

Follow the Japanese model for setting up shop in the south. They don't compete with your products.

There are newer employer reviews for Kohler

Worked for Kohler? Contribute to the Community!