Kohler
www.kohler.com Kohler, WI 5000+ Employees

I got great hands on experience and ownership of my responsibilities.

Test and Instrumentation Co-op (Former Employee)
Kohler, WI (US)

I worked at Kohler as an intern for less than a year

ProsI had many hands on projects that served to further my understanding of working in industry and my knowledge of electrical engineering. My mentor was very helpful but not too controlling. He allowed me to work and make mistakes on my own and learn from them, and offered his assistance and advice when I asked or was struggling.

ConsThe downside to my position at Kohler Engines was that there was not much design experience. It was mostly troubleshooting fixing other people's mistakes.

Advice to Senior ManagementBe more involved in the co-op's programs and projects.

Electrical coop

Electrical Engineering Coop (Former Employee)
Kohler, WI (US)

I worked at Kohler as an intern for less than a year

Pros: In automotive applications, "boost" refers to the amount by which intake manifold pressure exceeds atmospheric pressure. This is representative of the extra air pressure that… Cons: In aircraft engines, turbocharging is commonly used to maintain manifold pressure… Advice to Senior Management: The engine management system continually chooses among three combustion modes:… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Lead you on then shut you down

I have been working at Kohler

Pros: interdepartmental work, the people you work with are great to be around and work with, free golf for employees of the golf courses… Cons: Management, Management, Management!!!!!! All upper management and even some lower level management is only there for themselves. They may lead you on and… Advice to Senior Management: They wouldn't listen if I would want to give it… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

There are newer reviews on Kohler.

Worked for Kohler? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Kohler reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Kohler CEO Herbert V. Kohler Jr.. All reviews posted anonymously by Kohler employees.