Kratos Defense & Security Solutions

www.kratosdefense.com
There are newer employer reviews for Kratos Defense & Security Solutions

Used and dumped

I worked at Kratos Defense & Security Solutions full-time

Pros

Steady stream of work, company is doing well financially, expanding

Cons

To begin with, the chain of command is very messed up. I had no immediate supervisor to report to, and the person that was listed as my 'boss' knew nothing about my department or line of work and only checked in on me once every couple of weeks. However, I realize that some companies work well with this type of structure. That is not my main complaint.

I was hired on a temporary basis, but about a month into my employment my higher ups started giving me very encouraging words that they had won a contract and were about to bring in a BUNCH of more workers, so I'd be a shoe-in for being brought on permanently. These words of encouragement continued throughout the duration of my employment, and they fully gave the impression that I was pretty much good as permanent.

Three months in we had a massive multi-week effort to move from our crappy warehouse building to a big fancy new custom-built building across town. They sent out a seating chart for the new building and my name was curiously missing. I assumed this was because I was currently a Temp and had them pencil me into an empty cubicle. Like everybody else in the company I did my part to pack up stuff, move stuff, unload stuff at the new building, and hook stuff up. Everybody was very excited and we couldn't wait to start our new life in a fancy new location.

On the first day we were in our new building, after I had unpacked, hooked up all of the equipment in my cubicle and started to settle in, I was informed that I was being laid off immediately.

No words to describe the sense of betrayal.

Employees are not tools, they are assets.

37 Other Employee Reviews for Kratos Defense & Security Solutions (View Most Recent)

a corporate raider

Former Employee - I Cannot Share My Job and Maintain Anonymity  in  San Diego, CA (US)
    Former Employee - I Cannot Share My Job and Maintain Anonymity in San Diego, CA (US)

I worked at Kratos Defense & Security Solutions full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

the benefits were good. I don't have anything else good to say.

Cons

My department was run by people who didn't know what they were doing, and treated the people who DID know what they were doing poorly. Now, the people who did the work are laid off and the managers are still there. What could they be doing?

Treat the worker bees like the assets they are, and don't let managers run amuck.

More Interested In Acquisitions than compensation or training for Front-Line Employees!

Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer  in  Washington, DC (US)
    Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Washington, DC (US)

I have been working at Kratos Defense & Security Solutions full-time for less than a year

Pros

Great front-line worker camaraderie and the ESOP is very competitive!

Cons

Compared to other Defense Contractors such as SAIC, CACI the pay is very uncompetitive and it's obvious middle management has been mandated to cut training and compensation in order to go on a acquisition spree. The pay in the D.C. area is around 20% lower than what similar firms pay. On my exit interview the Govt. side wants to know why turn-over is so high and I intend on telling them why! Since turn-over is so high, Ive been told their probably going to lose this Govt. Contract when it comes up for renewal. Greed will cost you in the long run!

Your Acquisition spree in lieu of taking care of your front-line workers will eventually come back to bite you! Trust me, I'm hearing the Govt. is getting tired of you sparing resources on your employees while purchasing assets which reflects your core values.

There are newer employer reviews for Kratos Defense & Security Solutions

Worked for Kratos Defense & Security Solutions? Contribute to the Community!