Kratos Defense & Security Solutions

www.kratosdefense.com

Used and dumped

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsSteady stream of work, company is doing well financially, expanding

ConsTo begin with, the chain of command is very messed up. I had no immediate supervisor to report to, and the person that was listed as my 'boss' knew nothing about my department or line of work and only checked in on me once every couple of weeks. However, I realize that some companies work well with this type of structure. That is not my main complaint.

I was hired on a temporary basis, but about a month into my employment my higher ups started giving me very encouraging words that they had won a contract and were about to bring in a BUNCH of more workers, so I'd be a shoe-in for being brought on permanently. These words of encouragement continued throughout the duration of my employment, and they fully gave the impression that I was pretty much good as permanent.

Three months in we had a massive multi-week effort to move from our crappy warehouse building to a big fancy new custom-built building across town. They sent out a seating chart for the new building and my name was curiously missing. I assumed this was because I was currently a Temp and had them pencil me into an empty cubicle. Like everybody else in the company I did my part to pack up stuff, move stuff, unload stuff at the new building, and hook stuff up. Everybody was very excited and we couldn't wait to start our new life in a fancy new location.

On the first day we were in our new building, after I had unpacked, hooked up all of the equipment in my cubicle and started to settle in, I was informed that I was being laid off immediately.

No words to describe the sense of betrayal.

Advice to Senior ManagementEmployees are not tools, they are assets.

Never felt like an employee of the company but they did pay well and have nice benefits.

Senior Software Engineer (Former Employee) San Diego, CA (US)

I worked at Kratos Defense & Security Solutions full-time for more than 5 years

Pros: Good benefits including health care, dental and even free vision. 401K matching at 4.5% after being full vested was a bonus. Friendly employees and co-workers.… Cons: Lack of communication from the management. Provided no training that would have made me qualified for other positions within the company. No new work for… Advice to Senior Management: Find more work in San Diego. Expand on current work instead of buying more small companies. Keep your employees… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

a corporate raider

I Cannot Share My Job and Maintain Anonymity (Former Employee) San Diego, CA (US)

I worked at Kratos Defense & Security Solutions full-time for more than 8 years

Pros: the benefits were good. I don't have anything else good… Cons: My department was run by people who didn't know what they were doing, and treated the people who DID know what they were… Advice to Senior Management: Treat the worker bees like the assets they are, and… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

There are newer reviews on Kratos Defense & Security Solutions.

Worked for Kratos Defense & Security Solutions? Contribute to the Community!