There are newer employer reviews for Kroger

So far I enjoy it

Current Employee - Stock Clerk in Smyrna, GA (US)
Current Employee - Stock Clerk in Smyrna, GA (US)

I have been working at Kroger part-time (less than an year)

Pros

the company as a whole is a great place to work. It seems with the new interview process a lot more good associates are found with outstanding personalities and the drive to actually go the extra mile for the customers.

Cons

I have noticed double standards on night shift. When there are rules in place, certain individuals feel they are above them and they will do just the opposite.

1628 Other Employee Reviews for Kroger (View Most Recent)

Kroger is a good first time job

Former Employee - Courtesy Clerk in Fort Worth, TX (US)
    Former Employee - Courtesy Clerk in Fort Worth, TX (US)

I worked at Kroger part-time (less than an year)

Pros

I enjoyed the hours I was given, I enjoyed the people I got to meet, and that includes coworkers and customers. My managers and supervisors were nice, and helpful, especially when coworkers would take advantage of situations.

Cons

Pay, promises not followed through when I was "promoted", felt there were too many politics involved with trying to move up in the company, and even with dedication and hard word, I wasn't recognized, and others who had less experience were promoted before me even though I was told I was "on the list".

Be more empathetic to situations, be more understanding and more leadership like in critism than having a "boss" air. You're no better than your employee's, and scaring them into doing things, instead of wanting to help them thrive, is something that should be worked on.

High turnover rate and now I understand why

Former Employee - Cashier
    Former Employee - Cashier

I worked at Kroger part-time (less than an year)

Pros

It's a known name. They will hire ANYONE as long as you say you can work ANY shift, you PASS the assessment test on the employment application, drug test (cheek swab given right then and there) and background check. Training is paid, but make sure you stay for the entire time you're scheduled because if you don't that will mean less money on your first paycheck.

Cons

1. Extremely low pay.
    2, Crazy, erratic, non-consistent hours.
    3. Training is not thorough at all. They pretty much just toss you on the floor and expect for you to know how to do any and everything in the store,even if you have ZERO experience.
    4. It's basically impossible to get a day off for any reason. Once you tell them your availability during the hiring process, they basically will not allow you to change it.

Treat your employees better and maybe your stores wouldn't be understaffed like the one I was at. It proved that getting hired easily isn't always a good thing.

There are newer employer reviews for Kroger