Kroger

www.kroger.com

Its good, just not enough pay.

Current Employee - Courtesy Clerk  in  Little Elm, TX (US)
Current Employee - Courtesy Clerk in Little Elm, TX (US)

Pros

I enjoy working at the Kroger Marketplace in Little Elm Texas because it is a friendly work environment, and my co-workers are very friendly.

Cons

The down side to working at Kroger Marketplace in Little Elm Texas is that they are not very flexible and the pay is not very good.

pay raise

Other reviews for Kroger

An ok job to have while in college or high school

Former Employee - Cashier/Bagger  in  Elizabethtown, KY (US)
    Former Employee - Cashier/Bagger in Elizabethtown, KY (US)

Pros

Flexible hours, great co-wokers, union benefits, raise every 6 months, job is protected by the union, so it's fairly difficult to get fired.

Cons

Poor management, crazy work hours, working holidays, union conflicts between managers and employees. There's a lot of favoritism toward certain employees, especially the ones who were relatives or friends of the managers. Due to the union it's almost impossible to get fired, so if they no longer wanted you, they will just cut your hours down to one 4 hour day a week until you just quit. Another downfall to the union was that a lot of employees were extremely lazy as a result because they knew they wouldn't lose their job for doing absolutely nothing, so that would mean the good workers would have to work twice as hard.

Stop with the favoritism and start rewarding the employees who really deserve it.

Kroger is a good first time job

Former Employee - Courtesy Clerk  in  Fort Worth, TX (US)
    Former Employee - Courtesy Clerk in Fort Worth, TX (US)

Pros

I enjoyed the hours I was given, I enjoyed the people I got to meet, and that includes coworkers and customers. My managers and supervisors were nice, and helpful, especially when coworkers would take advantage of situations.

Cons

Pay, promises not followed through when I was "promoted", felt there were too many politics involved with trying to move up in the company, and even with dedication and hard word, I wasn't recognized, and others who had less experience were promoted before me even though I was told I was "on the list".

Be more empathetic to situations, be more understanding and more leadership like in critism than having a "boss" air. You're no better than your employee's, and scaring them into doing things, instead of wanting to help them thrive, is something that should be worked on.

There are newer employer reviews for Kroger.

Worked for Kroger? Contribute to the Community!