LSE
www.lse.ac.uk London, United Kingdom 1000 to 5000 Employees

Career-track Lecturer/Assistant Professor

Lecturer (Current Employee)

I have been working at LSE full-time for more than 5 years

ProsLocation in London; high quality students to teach; flexibility in working hours; some control over work agenda; name recognition internationally; opportunity to influence public opinion; opportunity to meet opinion-leaders from around the world.

ConsSalaries too low for cost of living in London; Tenure does not bring with it the same benefits it does in the US; autonomy as an instructor low compared with US; central management overly-directive at times.

world class institution, second class facilities, bureaucratic but kind and supportive

Lecturer (Current Employee)

I have been working at LSE

Pros: The brand has global prestige. The people are generally top-notch. There is a surprising… Cons: Teaching load often too high to make much research happen during term time. Marking / grading process is ridiculously painful… Advice to Senior Management: Work to remove bureaucracy as much as possible. Pay more to faculty in order to retain them. Currently faculty… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

Positive, interesting and good for my CV

I have been working at LSE

Pros: Learn for You - funding for study/activities unrelated to work Access to excellent learning facilities Great to… Cons: There is not a huge amount of opportunity for progression.… Advice to Senior Management: More actively lead the change necessary to maintain LSE as a world class institution. In light of the money… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

There are newer reviews on LSE.

Worked for LSE? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at LSE reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for LSE CEO Judith Rees. All reviews posted anonymously by LSE employees.