Lego Group

www.lego.com
There are newer employer reviews for Lego Group

A Fun place to work

Current Employee - CONSUMER ADVISOR in Slough, Berkshire, South East England, England

I have been working at Lego Group full-time (less than a year)

Pros

LEGO is very well respected brand and lots of people have a special connection with it, so the vast majority of people getting in touch with us are very friendly and just want to chat about their passion and are curious for what the future will bring.

Cons

You need to be able to respect people's fascination with all things LEGO. If you keep on thinking 'grow up, it's just a toy!', then this place is gonna get on your nerves after a while!

As with any job in the UK, the salary is rather low.

Expand the business to Eastern Europe

76 Other Employee Reviews for Lego Group (View Most Recent)

LEGO vs LEGO Brand Retail

Current Employee - Store Manager
    Current Employee - Store Manager

I have been working at Lego Group full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

LEGO Group is focused on quality, imagination, and creativity, and that is evident in every set that is manufactured. They have presented employees with some pretty cool sets as gifts, which, as a LEGO fan, is always a joy to receive.

Cons

I work for LEGO Brand Retail North America, which is still trying to find its way as a retailer. It is slow to innovate, few people in the home office have worked in a retail setting, and feedback from the field is typically not put into action. This makes for some headaches and frustrations that affect the customer experience but are left for field staff to repair. Wages are on the lower end of the spectrum in a retail setting, though, as a pro, the bonus potential for all employees can be gratifying. It is difficult to recommend LEGO Brand Retail as an employer with few opportunities to move into home office positions or for those that enjoy being in collaborative environments.

The company would do well to solicit and more readily act upon feedback from the field. Particularly, before rolling out customer initiatives, running the ideas by store teams for potential issues that result in customer dissatisfaction would reduce stress and frustrations in the field. Improving proactive communications on changes in direction or new initiatives would also reduce frustrations.

Disappointing experience working for this company.

Current Employee - Retail Merchandiser in Dallas, TX (US)
    Current Employee - Retail Merchandiser in Dallas, TX (US)

I have been working at Lego Group

Pros

The consumer really likes the product though numerous complaints about retail prices.

Cons

I had to quit due to a cancer diagnosis. A month later I found out that my manager had said I had been falsifying hours worked. I plan to have an attorney look into this when I feel stronger and healthier. I have all of my paperwork to support my honesty.

Upper level management needs to speak with every exiting employee on why they are quitting the company.

There are newer employer reviews for Lego Group