Lodgian

www.lodgian.com

Great college job

Guest Service Agent (Current Employee) Lawrence, KS (US)

ProsI work part-time at the front desk of a Holiday inn, while attending college. Overall, the atmosphere is great - everyone, from the bottom to the top, is very team oriented.

There are definitely busy times and slow times, though. Weekends from around March through November are usually crazy - lots of weddings and business conferences in our convention center. But even during peak times, the weekdays and weeknights are still pretty low-key. That's awesome for a college student like myself. I finished a lot of homework on the clock! I know that sounds bad, but hey, someone has to man the front desk, even when the hotel is completely dead.

ConsWe are independently owned and you can definitely tell by how skimpy the housekeepers are paid, how chintzy the benefits are for full-timers, etc. Also, management has changed so many times around here it's ridiculous. I think we've finally got some good people in place though.

Advice to Senior ManagementTake better care of your employees and they will likely return the favor and stick around for awhile.

Own Your Own Business

Front Desk Associate (Former Employee) Hillside, IL (US)

I worked at Lodgian

Pros: There are good people and great discounts Worldwide. Cons: The company is not as progressive as they claim to be....the benefits are ok but in this day in age they only offer domestic partner… Advice to Senior Management: RESPECT...lead by example and be consistent and fair to everyone...do more team building activities in the stores and help the employees grow..There are many people… More

Pretty good place to work!

Front Desk Agent (Former Employee) Portland, OR (US)

I worked at Lodgian

Pros: Cheap hotel stays around the world! Excellent people to work with, I loved my boss! She was… Cons: Not so nice pay, could use benefits for all employees. Sometimes/a lot of the times guest expect more than we have ever given them. Some… Advice to Senior Management: Compensate the employees better! Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on Lodgian.

Worked for Lodgian? Contribute to the Community!