Lowe's

www.lowes.com
  www.lowes.com
There are newer employer reviews for Lowe's

Great people, safe work environment, great benefits!

Current Employee - Department Manager Lowes in Anderson, IN (US)
Current Employee - Department Manager Lowes in Anderson, IN (US)

I have been working at Lowe's full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

They have an excellent benefits package. Advancement is possible with most every job.

Cons

There is not a set schedule, per se. You will work 3 out of 4 weekends a month in most jobs. This is a typical retail schedule though.

4587 Other Employee Reviews for Lowe's (View Most Recent)

Couldn't deal with the direction the company wanted to go

Former Employee - Kitchen Cabinet Designer in Tampa, FL (US)
    Former Employee - Kitchen Cabinet Designer in Tampa, FL (US)

I worked at Lowe's full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Hmmmm.....I guess the people you worked with (the ones who had been there longer) were friendly and knowledgeable.

Cons

The company decided to change their pay structure for professionals with many years of experience. They are changing the way the company is structured and turning associates with knowledge into task-driven drones. If course it seems that they want to remove seasoned employees at a higher pay rate and bring in young idiots for minimum wage. Eventually customers will see this and choose to shop somewhere else.
    Oh yeah - lets not forget how at the store I was at they decided to make everyone stay 2 HOURS after the store closed to "clean". People would just take extra time cleaning their departments so they didnt have to help anyone else. And I worked as a CERTIFIED KITCHEN DESIGNER and was required to stay til 11pm (when the coorporate schedule specified that I was only supposed to be working when there were customers in the store - til 9pm.)
    The shifts were terrible and need to be reexamined. I felt like I was never home and it was not possible to take any class or make any plans consistently each week because there was never one day a week that you were always off or worked the same hours.
    Last but not least - the prescription benefits were the worst! Express Scripts should go out of business but they overcharge for mail-in prescriptions.

Focus on the customer and the sales, and less on the needless "tasks" and busy work. Is it really necessary for a kitchen or flooring professional to downstock or pull orders that someone is picking up? People should be hired specifically to pull internet orders and pick-ups.

Excellent!

Current Employee - CSA in Bullhead City, AZ (US)
    Current Employee - CSA in Bullhead City, AZ (US)

I have been working at Lowe's part-time (more than an year)

Pros

Great benefits, great pay, awesome family of co-workers

Cons

No set schedule to go by making life a little difficult at times.

There are newer employer reviews for Lowe's