There are newer employer reviews for Lowe's

Great

Current Employee - CSA in Longview, WA (US)
Current Employee - CSA in Longview, WA (US)

I have been working at Lowe's full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Driving power equpment. Good managment.

Cons

Loss prevention is very strict

Dont fire people over little violations.

4349 Other Employee Reviews for Lowe's (View Most Recent)

Work here long enough and you'll see their true colors.

Current Employee - Department Manager in Sedalia, MO (US)
    Current Employee - Department Manager in Sedalia, MO (US)

I have been working at Lowe's full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Benefits (which are dwindling every time we turn around), definitely an educational experience (though most of that doesn't come from Lowe's training)

Cons

Erratic scheduling that is posted so far in advance that it's impossible to ask off for anything.
    Total disconnect between corporate and stores.
    Stress is unbelievable a good amount of the time.
    What's important one week is never important the next week.

Upper management within the stores needs to be more consistent. With regional and district management throwing down different statistics and goals every few weeks, it's easy for store management to get distracted from actual selling just to meet sidebar statistical goals. There is a lot of finger-pointing amongst store level management.

This year alone, corporate has decided to: Take away the ability to be paid commissions for current sales, take away the incentive to sell Extended Protection Plans, reduce the Special Order Sales discount for employees from a Cost+10% price to only 10% off, take away myLifeTrack points healthy living incentives, and discontinued special discounts from manufacturers during the holiday season.

It's sad that the contractors in town can come in and get the same discount or better than the employees who are supposedly so valued. Corporate needs to realize that happy workers produce more sales and give better lip service than workers who feel jaded over the years.

There is a lot more I could say, but you're probably tired of reading, and I'm tired of typing.

Manager in Mooresville corp. office.

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Mooresville, NC (US)
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Mooresville, NC (US)

I worked at Lowe's full-time

Pros

Steady paycheck. Had some good people on my team. Liked my actual job... when I was allowed to do it.

Cons

Micromanagement. Too extreme to be believed.
    KoolAid sessions. Just ask someone about the "LEF room." When they explain it to you, they aren't exaggerating.
    Leadership thinks "leading" is worrying about what Home Depot is doing.
    Your core job is not important. All they worry about is are you keeping up with the 3247 daily emails... 3215 of which are a waste of time, what project are you working on, are you working late
     each day, the list just goes on and on.
    In spite of the lip service, many above you loose site of the fact that you are there to support the stores, and that means do your job... not all the other BS they deem to be important.
    No one will make a decision!!!! And they won't allow you to make a decision.
    The list just goes on and on. Unfortunately I'd have to say that working in the corporate office is simply a toxic environment. Truly so. It's a shame as there are some good people there... most of which are hunting another job.

Clean out the top 15 people and start over.
    Also, look at all 20 year employees. Many of them are paying lip service to the LEF changes but after the meetings it's right back to the old way of operating.

There are newer employer reviews for Lowe's