M. D. Anderson Cancer Center
www.mdanderson.org Houston, TX 5000+ Employees

Not really what you know, but "Who" you know and "Who" has "POWER"

Houston, TX (US)

I have been working at M. D. Anderson Cancer Center full-time for more than 10 years

Proscompetitive salary, most folks are friendly and willing to share knowledge, mentoring environment, many educational and training courses are offered for advancement within the institution.

ConsIt's not what you know, but who you know environment. Fear of retalitaion from upper management is frequently a concern across the institution. Many in management positions are office bullies, and often threaten employees to ensure processes are carried out their way. Even though the way they want it carried out may not be the very best or logical way...they want it their way. Additionally, I have experienced going above and beyond my call of duty for years, only to receive pennies as monetary compensation. Needless to say, I've often witnessed a severe lack of caring, integrity, and character in upper management. Additionally, on a few occasions, as sad as it is, I've even seen forms of racisim. It's right under the radar, but it's here. In some shape, form or fashion, employees have to pay to come to work. Either paying to ride a bus, van pool, or ridiculous parking prices for a local garage.

a hospital which promotes, inspires and reflects your core values

Clinical Nurse (Current Employee)
Houston, TX (US)

I have been working at M. D. Anderson Cancer Center full-time for less than a year

Pros: staff are caring, patients are inspiring Cons: none yet at the moment Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Good place to work for.

Laboratory Manager (Current Employee)
Houston, TX (US)

I have been working at M. D. Anderson Cancer Center full-time for more than 3 years

Pros: Many job opportunities and career development Cons: Institution is huge and it takes time to learn about… Advice to Senior Management: There is too much bureaucracy. Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

There are newer reviews on M. D. Anderson Cancer Center.

Worked for M. D. Anderson Cancer Center? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at M. D. Anderson Cancer Center reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for M. D. Anderson Cancer Center CEO Ronald A. DePinho. All reviews posted anonymously by M. D. Anderson Cancer Center employees.