M&T Bank

www.mtb.com
  www.mtb.com
There are newer employer reviews for M&T Bank

problem with management.....TOO BAD!!

Current Employee - Customer Representative I in Philadelphia, PA (US)
Current Employee - Customer Representative I in Philadelphia, PA (US)

I have been working at M&T Bank full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Good vacation time based on tenure, but 6 months in you get 2 weeks.

Cons

Where do i start....

1)They're cheap- I started out making about $11. Now I make $13 Not for a job well done, but because we merged with another bank who paid better.(they had to even out the salaries across the footprint) This has happened twice since 'Ive been there. The last time a raise was given in our office was a laughable quarter of a percent; which turned out to be about penny. There is always a reason your not getting a raise! So sad

2)Management- If you have a problem with your manager, you can call human resources. But they wont show, instead you have a meeting with your boss and a higher up who basically suggests that you either deal with it or find another job(Also happened twice)

3)Only concerned with their bottom line. Not concerned enough with employee morale. It affects the environment and the quality of the work

Bottom Line- You CAN do better!

Care a little more about who you put in charge of your people. Unhappy employees make for an unhappy bottom line

291 Other Employee Reviews for M&T Bank (View Most Recent)

Fairly Good Company in unstable banking times

Current Employee - Accountant in Wilmington, DE (US)
    Current Employee - Accountant in Wilmington, DE (US)

I have been working at M&T Bank full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

Company has had over 135 quarters of straight profits. Stable-does not look to merge with larger banks.

Cons

Certain employees with many years and experience are not promoted to Officers of the bank (extra perks such as bonuses) when other people with purely generous managers are promote (title/pay) with a yr or 2 tenure. Luck of the draw!

Make sure HR works to ensure each person has a career path. Not everyone does. For someone who likes the culture of the bank, they may leave because of immobility.

Very average bank that is unwilling to develop their employees

Current Employee - Relationship Banker in Baltimore, MD (US)
    Current Employee - Relationship Banker in Baltimore, MD (US)

I have been working at M&T Bank full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Most of the people you work with are very nice people.
    Good if you want to learn the banking industry

Cons

Upper management is only concerned with making sure their region meets their goals and not the development of each branch and its employees.
    They refuse to hire from within
    Pay is below average

Develop your current employees and they will be more likely to stick around. Stop hiring from the outside and hire within. With little opporunity for advancement nobody wants to stick around.

There are newer employer reviews for M&T Bank