MIT

www.mit.edu

Hard but fulfilling work

Graduate Student Researcher (Current Employee) Cambridge, MA (US)

ProsIf you like hard but meaningful work, this is the right place. Knowing that you are at the cutting edge of research is exciting. Graduate stipend is good enough to live on, and health benefits are great.

ConsAs other people have pointed out, you are working with the best and brightest, so it is easy to get down on yourself if you aren't "perfect." Sometimes the hours are very long--expect to work 50+ hours a week for a "part-time" RA.

Administrative

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at MIT full-time for more than 5 years

Pros: great benefits academic environment fun people Cons: not a great salary grade for support hard to move up… More

Good PR, Rigid Bureaucratic Institution

Visiting Scientist (Current Employee) Cambridge, MA (US)

I have been working at MIT full-time for more than 3 years

Pros: This is an amazing place to undertake consulting and depending on… Cons: Boston/Cambridge is expensive. You need to supplement your income. MIT does not pay well because there is a 50% tax that goes to the MIT… Advice to Senior Management: MIT desperately needs management and mentorship towards its employees and… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on MIT.

Worked for MIT? Contribute to the Community!