There are newer employer reviews for MTV Networks

Great learning experience, great place to network, friendly employees

Former Employee - Communication Intern  in  New York, NY (US)
Former Employee - Communication Intern in New York, NY (US)

I worked at MTV Networks as an intern for less than a year

Pros

Very casual dress code, Location, Cafeteria, Networking capabilities, Relaxed atmosphere, Nice employees

Cons

In the department I interned for, some employees were a bit immature

353 Other Employee Reviews for MTV Networks (View Most Recent)

Enjoyed working there. The management structure and support base allowed technical support people to do their jobs

Former Employee - Senior Technical Support Representative  in  New York, NY (US)
    Former Employee - Senior Technical Support Representative in New York, NY (US)

I worked at MTV Networks full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

•Decent Pay and Benefits.
    •Good relationships with customers and some camaraderie with coworkers
    •Reasonable work flow (not too many tickets and projects managed on a case by case basis)
    •Reasonable policies set in place to manage user behavior/workflow in enterprise environment

Cons

•Middle Management contentious with staff
    •immediate supervisor does not escalate problems, or "have your back" in customer satisfaction situations
    •Management unaware/unappreciative of individual worker skill sets: starting in 2009, many skilled IT workers were laid off, while many lackluster, or problem employees were retained; this one stymied me.

Management should be aware of skills sets of their existing staff: especially when making changes, or lay offs. I don't think management knows who on their staff can do what. I would encourage some sort of reporting (peer endorsements or Vendor certification program) that will be held by management to rectify this problem, so qualified people remain on the job.

Good benefits

I worked at MTV Networks

Pros

Good benefits package, excellent 401k.

Cons

I didn't like the way they changed our products & homogenized them into demographic buckets that didn't suit the products. We were a small property, & I don't think the higher-ups really had any idea what we did or how it happened.

When you buy a gaming company, learn how the gaming industry operates - don't try to force it to work on an entertainment-industry model.

There are newer employer reviews for MTV Networks

Worked for MTV Networks? Contribute to the Community!