Macquarie Group

www.macquarie.com
  www.macquarie.com
There are newer employer reviews for Macquarie Group

Only your best performance is expected, but you will be rewarded for your efforts

Current Employee - Business Analyst in Sydney (Australia)
Current Employee - Business Analyst in Sydney (Australia)

I have been working at Macquarie Group full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Working with other like-minded, ambitious people is infectious and helps spur you on - to think creatively, solve problems better, always be on the look-out for opportunities.
Good bonuses are possible for even "lower-level" associates, and are definitely above average even for within this industry.

Cons

Annual bonuses are highly dependent on your own performance and can vary a lot from year to year. They are also dependant on the business performance and your division's and even your team's (although this leads to more of a collaborative/sharing work environment, in order to enable taems and individuals to succeed.)

329 Other Employee Reviews for Macquarie Group (View Most Recent)

Unethical

Former Employee - Associate Director in Sydney (Australia)
    Former Employee - Associate Director in Sydney (Australia)

I worked at Macquarie Group full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Location is in the heart of the BCD

Cons

Poor leadership, focusing on minutiae and going through motions
    Not innovative or entrepreneurial
    Antiquated systems that are compensated by staff working long hours - ie working dumber not smarter

Terminate some of the EDs in key positions as the make decisions to prolong their own longevity rather than what is best for the company

Spent 8 years in Infrastructure Operations - Wasted my time and talents

Former Employee - IT Senior Manager in New York, NY (US)
    Former Employee - IT Senior Manager in New York, NY (US)

I worked at Macquarie Group full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

Macquarie was once a wonderful place to work. Innovative, smart people, good energy. I think what happened was they took on more they could chew.... The company was huge on training making sure their IT employees stayed ahead of the technology game. As the company begun to lose money, so did their ability to invest in technology and tools. We were constantly losing business because clients found us unreliable with all the email and network outages. I worked there from 2005 to 20012, I met some great people, but most of them were all laid-off. The talent is really no longer there.

Cons

There are many cliques formed at Macquarie. There is an us (Australians) and them (Americans) mentality which has gotten worst through years. Posturing is a way of life there and if done correctly you can move up the corporate chain.

Listen to the people and respect those doing the work. Also, Australians need to stop feeling they are superior to the locals, it's tiredsom and degrading.

There are newer employer reviews for Macquarie Group