There are newer employer reviews for Macy's

Hope it gets better..

Current Employee - Retail Sales Associate
Current Employee - Retail Sales Associate

I have been working at Macy's full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Managers seem nice..some good people in HR and some helpful associates there to assist noobs

Cons

Not enough coverage, some associates are left in charge of ringing, recovery, and helping the customers..customers end up angry because you cannot be in two places at once..some customers assume because you are working in retail you have no education which could not be further from the truth, also some associates try to take every sale so that they can reach and surpass their sales goals, some want to make themselves look better by making you look bad, customers can be extremely rude so you have to be patient, strict and outdated dress code

Put more people on the floor, it may seem like you are saving money by not paying wages, but at what cost? Customers have no regard for merchandise so recovery is not easy and looks bad on us, it is not easy to keep the store looking clean when you have minimal workers to save you money. Let associates pick up shifts we need the help! We are not superhuman and the pay itself is not that great so more incentives should be offered to retain good employees who truly care about the customer and company..PS the dress code is a bit somber, let's get with the times, are we running a department store or funeral procession?

4876 Other Employee Reviews for Macy's (View Most Recent)

Sparse hours, cool coworkers, subpar management

Current Employee - Retail Merchandising Associate
    Current Employee - Retail Merchandising Associate

I have been working at Macy's part-time (less than an year)

Pros

work is simple, paid weekly, generous breaks

Cons

upper management is distant and rude

Overall it was good, liked the people I worked with, but there was too much pressure to sell their department store card

Former Employee - Sales Associate in Duluth, GA (US)
    Former Employee - Sales Associate in Duluth, GA (US)

I worked at Macy's part-time (more than an year)

Pros

The atmosphere was good, co-workers were like family, they treated everyone equally and respectfully, they were flexible with personal time and understanding about any complaints.

Cons

Too much pressure to sell the store card, rotational schedulals,

There are newer employer reviews for Macy's