There are newer employer reviews for Macy's

They wouldn't give me any hours because I did not work on Black Friday

Former Employee - Retail Sales Associate  in  Dallas, TX (US)
Former Employee - Retail Sales Associate in Dallas, TX (US)

I worked at Macy's part-time for less than a year

Pros

Easy to get hired, fun environment if you like working with people. Very flexible shifts make it easy to work here as a part time second job type of situation. Training was good, and management was friendly, at least at the North Park Mall location where I worked.

Cons

Very little support during your first shifts on the sales floor during the Christmas shopping season. Several times, I had issues that I did not yet know how to handle, and when I would look around for a senior associate to ask questions of, there was often no one to be found. Also, seniors took over the sales that I initiated! By that, I mean, I was showing an expensive watch to a gentleman, and as he was handing it to me to make the purchase, suddenly the lady I was working with, who was a full time employee, decided to "help me", meaning that she rang up the sale under her employee number and got the credit for it. I was told that I'd be in Watches, but if the regular employees wanted to do watches, they would send me to scarves or purses or some area that would not likely have many purchases for Christmas.

Provide more assistance to new hires during their first 20 hours as a sales associate. If you assign an associate to a particular area, make sure that the seasoned employees don't get to over-ride your decision!

4735 Other Employee Reviews for Macy's (View Most Recent)

It has CHANGED

Current Employee - Sales Associate  in  Las Vegas, NV (US)
    Current Employee - Sales Associate in Las Vegas, NV (US)

I have been working at Macy's part-time for less than a year

Pros

The employee discount. The people are great. I love the clothes. The work is fun and we communicate well.

Cons

There are no areas of pride and you dont own your department anymore. The new schedualing system is terrible. We dont have a personal relationship with managment anymore.

Bring back the areas of pride and give associates a LIVEABLE wage.

Kind and helpful co-workers"

Current Employee - Seasonal Sales Associate  in  San Diego, CA (US)
    Current Employee - Seasonal Sales Associate in San Diego, CA (US)

I have been working at Macy's part-time for less than a year

Pros

Co-workers and managers are really great in helping you when needed.

Cons

Low salary, low associate discount, unable to buy most merchandise. A lot of recovery.

There are newer employer reviews for Macy's

Worked for Macy's? Contribute to the Community!