Macy's

www.macysinc.com
There are newer employer reviews for Macy's

Good, Stable place to start out

Current Employee - Manager in New York, NY (US)
Current Employee - Manager in New York, NY (US)

I have been working at Macy's

Pros

flexible and stable working environment. Many employees have been at the company for a long time and they are great people to work with. Fabulous exec at the top. Great communicators.

Cons

Limited opportunities beyond manager level.

Keep up the good job.. we will get there with our strategies

5525 Other Employee Reviews for Macy's (View Most Recent)

Ok for Robots

Former Employee - Specialist in Santa Clara, CA (US)
    Former Employee - Specialist in Santa Clara, CA (US)

I worked at Macy's

Pros

Pretty easy work. Nothing too challenging. Management was very understanding about school and personal schedules.

Cons

I was not satisfied with the advancement opportunities. I was very unhappy with the managements insistence that we speak to customers in a robotic fashion...we were told to input the word, "outstanding" as often as possible. It felt fake and insincere. I also disliked how you were supposed to hound the customers about whether or not they had Macys' Cards.

Please allow a more relaxed customer service attitude. Most of my coworkers were happy to help customers, but when there was a manager looking over our shoulder, it made us nervous and I believe lowered our level of service.

Macy's can be a roller coaster ride, depending on your manager..

Former Employee - Placement Merchandiser in Bellevue, WA (US)
    Former Employee - Placement Merchandiser in Bellevue, WA (US)

I worked at Macy's

Pros

Macy's gave decent pay for my position, this could be because it was an early morning shift and because I was a college graduate. They give 10 employee paid days off after 1 year, offer a great discount on top of sale prices and offer special sales to employee friends and family a few times a year. If you have the right manager and a good team, it can be very rewarding, fun experience.

Cons

Macy's has a tendency to hire poor managers resulting in a high level of manager turnover. I don't know if its simply poor managers or poor training. Of course retail hours aren't always great especially during the holidays. They have a tendency to rely on gossip as their form of communication rather than being straight forward with their employees. By the time they address an issue, it usually becomes too late, after several people have quit.

Hire managers who have had experience with people and have them learn all aspects of the positions in which they are managing.

There are newer employer reviews for Macy's