Magellan Health
www.magellanhealth.com Avon, CT 5000+ Employees

If their lips are moving they're lying!

MFLC (Current Employee)

I have been working at Magellan Health as a contractor for less than a year

ProsWill build your frustration tolerance. Good interim job.

ConsHave waited 4 months for a paycheck after many unanswered emails. They lose, delay and deny as an excuse for mismanagement. Treats employees poorly. Employees must keep quiet about massive problems if they want to work. Contracts poorly written.
Contract employees must fulfill obligations of full time employees with no benefits.

Advice to Senior ManagementBuild better policy and systems and hold your middle managers accountable. Quality breeds quality. Leadership training is needed. In the long run people are important and they are the face of your business.

Ok at times

IT Staff (Former Employee)
Columbia, MD (US)

I worked at Magellan Health full-time

Pros: Work from home, co-workers, good location Cons: constantly shrinking operations budget, more over-paid executives than necessary, and… Advice to Senior Management: share the wealth No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

Good Place to Work

Analyst (Current Employee)

I have been working at Magellan Health full-time for more than 10 years

Pros: Salaried employees enjoy a good life/work balance (work from home is available in most departments), paid time off (which you can use before you accrue),… Cons: Communication appears to digress when directives are pushed down from upper management.… Advice to Senior Management: I would suggest listening to analysts and managers who deal with the information that is requested every day. There are times when… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

There are newer reviews on Magellan Health.

Worked for Magellan Health? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Magellan Health reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Magellan Health CEO Barry Smith. All reviews posted anonymously by Magellan Health employees.