Early years great, bankruptcy and restructure resulted in management mess

Current Employee - Administrative Assistant  in  Columbia, MD (US)
Current Employee - Administrative Assistant in Columbia, MD (US)

I have been working at Magellan Health full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Management in the first few years was great; balanced workload, pleasant team members, satisfactory salary, work-life balance great. Never expected to work extra hours without notice - usually a month's notice before large projects were due.

Cons

After bankruptcy in 2003, slew of middle management laid off and I was ricocheted around from group to group with no clear direction in my career path or expectations for my position.

Other Reviews for Magellan Health

Nothing negative to say..

Current Employee - Organization Service Specialist  in  Maryland Heights, MO (US)
    Current Employee - Organization Service Specialist in Maryland Heights, MO (US)

I have been working at Magellan Health full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

I truly enjoyed working for Magellan overall it is a good company

Cons

Only Con I can think of is that tha raises are not much.

Worst Company to Work for-- Just say no

Current Employee - MFLC  in  Carolina, NC (US)
    Current Employee - MFLC in Carolina, NC (US)

I have been working at Magellan Health as a contractor for less than a year

Pros

This company has nothing that is good about it. They lie to their employees, they cut your pay for no reason other than the share holders need more money. Nothing good about this company.

Cons

They cut your pay for no reason, they give you no paid time off, you can never get a raise, you have no vacation, no sick days, absolutley no benefits. They call you, tell you have 48 hours to accept all their pay cuts or you will be replaced. The hire you, give you a contract, then break the contract so they can hire someone else that they can pay less money so that their shareholders can get more of the governement contract money they receive from the MFLC program. This company needs to be audited. Has to be one of the worst companies I have ever worked for other than Health Net. They do not care what type of workers they have, it is a horrible horrible company. I would never recommended ANYONE work there.

Try thinking about someone other than yourself.

There are newer employer reviews for Magellan Health.

Worked for Magellan Health? Contribute to the Community!