There are newer employer reviews for Makerbot

toxic workplace.

I have been working at Makerbot full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Great people doing the work.
3D printing is the future.

Cons

I've been here less than a year, but here goes:

We just launched a new product yet morale is at an all-time low - and the top brass doesn't even know that's the reality, or refuses to confront it.

Very little respect for their own community and their own employees. Complete sense of entitlement from the top brass in every interaction between company and people.

CEO is like others have said way way in over his head. He's paranoid about everyone, that they're out to get him, and completely impulsive about every single aspect of the company and the products. He won't acknowledge his shortcomings, instead he prefers to pretend to know what he's doing.

He hired his father to run the marketing team. It's very weird.

CEO has over inflated ego that is constantly fed by everyone at the company all the time. He's bought into his own BS and acts like he's Steve Jobs. He's definitely not.

Work environment is completely paranoid - people are let go constantly with little regard. Blame is always on the employees without any sincere explanations, and often leads to impulsive firings.

Management never looks inwards for -their dissatisfaction - of employee's work, expectations, and reporting structure.

Expectation that you should be extremely grateful for even having a job at all- especially at this company. That only goes so far.

No longer a startup - gone corporate, but without the trappings, only the pitfalls.

Advice to Management

what's there to say? This can't work long term, but maybe you don't care about the long term.

reviews filtered by

Worker bee

Current Employee - Maker Maker in Brooklyn, NY (US)
    Current Employee - Maker Maker in Brooklyn, NY (US)

I have been working at Makerbot full-time

Pros

health insurance for everyone, interesting company, free lunch on friday, innovative

Cons

little loyalty to employees, contracts of employment are very restrictive, lunch is usually pretty lame, never any drinks either. impulsive management, little transparency to staff, low pay

Advice to Management

be nice to your employees

There are newer employer reviews for Makerbot