Makerbot
www.makerbot.com Brooklyn, NY 150 to 499 Employees

CEO & management are paranoid and incapable

Brooklyn, NY (US)

I have been working at Makerbot full-time for less than a year

ProsVery cool product. A lot of very smart and effective employees.

ConsReally bad management. They simply do not communicate their intent. If and when employees finally hear what's going on, it's usually only to discover a fresh batch of poor decisions.

The "wow" factor of the product is the only thing keeping people here, and hence the only thing keeping the company alive. A lot of other companies are appearing in this space though. MakerBot's advantage will disappear quickly.

Advice to Senior ManagementValue the smart people you've hired.

And help the CEO to understand how bad at his job he is -- there's always a chance he can learn.

Amazing potential...going down the drain.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at Makerbot full-time

Pros: The work environment is great -- when you'd not being blindsided by incompetent, reactive calls from the top. First off, the company basically created… Cons: The downsides, unfortunately, have come to outweigh the positives. Top management, especially the CEO, are in a desperate, reactive mode that threatens to destroy… Advice to Senior Management: Value your employees and community. Rein in the Founder/CEO… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

Great Place to Work

I have been working at Makerbot full-time for more than a year

Pros: Leading edge technology - in a developing marketplace. Opportunities everywhere. Cons: Crazy startup, lots going on, growing like mad. Advice to Senior Management: Stay the course - hang on and great things are… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

There are newer reviews on Makerbot.

Worked for Makerbot? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Makerbot reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Makerbot CEO Bre Pettis. All reviews posted anonymously by Makerbot employees.