Mark Travel
www.marktravel.com Milwaukee, WI 1000 to 5000 Employees

A great place to work that knows how to have fun and how to get the job done.

Marketing (Former Employee)
Orlando, FL (US)

I worked at Mark Travel full-time for more than 10 years

ProsTravel benefits are abundant.
Generous time-off system to enable travel.
Prefer to hire from within.
Large organization with lots of opportunities for advancement (mainly Milwaukee corporate office).
Teams are well assembled and management cares about team and individual success.

ConsAs with many jobs in the travel industry, wages are low for the talent and skill levels.
Again, as with much of the travel industry, jobs are not secure. Changes in consumer purchasing habits often impact vacation travel first and hardest.
Upper management often fragmented on direction.
Technology and advertising providers are mainly in-house (Trisept Solutions and BVK) and overtaxed. This often led to ivory-tower decisions and long waits to get solutions.
If you work in a satellite office, opportunities for advancement are not nearly as abundant as Milwaukee.

Advice to Senior ManagementStop relying on today's revenue to pay today's bills. Save a significant portion of the profits to build up a nest egg to cover costs. This reduces, or eliminates, the need to borrow money and can become a revenue stream instead of a liability.

Once a great company - uncertain future?

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)
Milwaukee, WI (US)

I worked at Mark Travel full-time for more than 3 years

Pros: Bill La Macchia Sr. is an icon in the travel industry… Cons: Remainder of executive leadership is hit or miss. Travel industry is extremely competitive, and… Advice to Senior Management: Whoever takes over for Bill La Macchia Sr. is a big question that will determine the future of the company. With only Funjet &… – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

My experience at TmTC was irreplaceable

Supervisor (Former Employee)
Milwaukee, WI (US)

I worked at Mark Travel full-time for more than 10 years

Pros: The people , the culture the passion Cons: Pay was okay, hierarchy Inconsistent with treatment of team member Advice to Senior Management: Consistency please More

There are newer reviews on Mark Travel.

Worked for Mark Travel? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Mark Travel reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Mark Travel CEO William E. La Macchia. All reviews posted anonymously by Mark Travel employees.