Marriott

www.marriott.com
  www.marriott.com
There are newer employer reviews for Marriott

Great!

Current Employee - Food and Beverage Manager in Los Angeles, CA (US)
Current Employee - Food and Beverage Manager in Los Angeles, CA (US)

I have been working at Marriott

Pros

great opportunity for advancement through hard work and dedication to the "culture" of Marriott. Excellent benefits as well as competitive salary.

Cons

The major downside from a F&B perspective is that a lot of the operation is a "color by numbers" situation handed down from corporate mandates. Balance of work/life is not all that they promote. Salaried staff often work 12-16hrs a day if need be days at a time.

For the most part I have no real advise. My Management Team is always available and helpful in any matters I may have concerning my job.

1409 Other Employee Reviews for Marriott (View Most Recent)

Focus is on guests, not the employees who take care of guests

I worked at Marriott

Pros

You get to meet many different people from all over the world.

Cons

You do the job of 2 or 3 people for very low pay. You'll hear criticisms but very little praise. Communication is minimal and incomplete. High turnover.

Understand that it's a labor intensive job that is made difficult with unrealistic expectations, poor communication and is done despite low pay.

I was misunderstood, judged, belittled and "thrown away."

Former Employee - Front Desk Clerk
    Former Employee - Front Desk Clerk

I worked at Marriott

Pros

I absolutely loved working with my guests and majority of my coworkers (one's that did not target me with rudeness and cruelty). This was one of the first jobs I must say I enjoyed on a customer service level because of the amount of time required with the guests. This job really introduced me to a new understanding of customer service, thank you!

Cons

I fell victim to personal attacks, emotional abuse, and other acts of incivility by managers.

On a different note, there is no effective training program at this location; the managers expect their coworkers to know what they have not introduced to the entire staff or what other coworkers may know.

Perhaps have management attend seminars on how to better 'manage' people; I felt that I was severely misunderstood and the victim of a hostile environment created by my managers.

10 Points to a Healthy RMC Culture: you may want to enforce this first point more: "No Gossip", I'm afraid, more than any company I have ever worked for, TownePlace Suites was the worst offender of gossip.

There are newer employer reviews for Marriott