Marriott

www.marriott.com
There are newer employer reviews for Marriott

It was Okay.. I guess..

Former Employee - Guest Service Agent in Atlanta, GA (US)
Former Employee - Guest Service Agent in Atlanta, GA (US)

I worked at Marriott full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Great company to move up in.

Cons

Marriott does NOT stand behind their employees when it comes to negative guest relations.. nor does management..

There are ALWAYS 2 sides to every story.. Your "valued guests" may be telling you lies!

1510 Other Employee Reviews for Marriott (View Most Recent)

I miss working for Marriott, it was a great experience for someone starting out in the hospitality industry.

Former Employee - Floor Manager in New York, NY (US)
    Former Employee - Floor Manager in New York, NY (US)

I worked at Marriott full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Great benefits package, great discounts on hotel rooms, excellent training programs and networking opportunities, opportunity to transfer and avdvance to management.

Cons

Hard to make decent money at some of the suburban locations, and at some locations the hourly associates made more than management.

Take into consideration the pay scales for management vs hourly associates. While the associates work hard and in most cases deserve the compensation they earn, in many cases that discourages them from moving into management, as well as creating a sense of entitlement among the associates, and that spreads like a cancer. On that topic, in many cases lower level and mid-level management also end up doing the jobs of the associates, as they may not have as much pride in their work, and mgmt ends up finishing the work for them.

My experience was decent, a lack of great management took back from my time there.

Current Employee - Banquet Server in Providence, RI (US)
    Current Employee - Banquet Server in Providence, RI (US)

I have been working at Marriott full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Brand recognition on resume. Ability to transfer around to different Marriotts if desired. Quality work environment though. Pleanty of opportunity to be creative and help figure out better efficient measures.

Cons

Management lacked structure and at times conflicted directions towards staff. Setting up for events was challenging at times when two managers have two ideas and you dont know which one to listen to.

Overall great job, tighten up the bolts.

There are newer employer reviews for Marriott