There are newer employer reviews for Marriott

Good place to work

Current Employee - Night Auditor
Current Employee - Night Auditor

I have been working at Marriott full-time for less than a year

Pros

Benefits, is open 24 hours so you can work any shift, good place to move up in the business.

Cons

Like most jobs involving service this is a low paying job.

An incentive program involving sales or upgrades would be nice. Not that it would be required, but if employees went the extra mile some type of reasonable compensation would be appreciated.

1311 Other Employee Reviews for Marriott (View Most Recent)

Terrible PTO

Current Employee - Assistant Manager  in  Bethesda, MD (US)
    Current Employee - Assistant Manager in Bethesda, MD (US)

I have been working at Marriott full-time for less than a year

Pros

People are nice and knowledgeable. Certain departments permit telecommuting. Health insurance is pretty decent.

Cons

The PTO for new hires is laughable, as you start out with 12 days. Not sure how this company can be rated top by working mother magazine! As a working mother, 12 days are not enough. Then they also decided to get rid of the "Borrow Leave" policy. So you have to use all your prior year leave by June 28, only get 12 days, cannot borrow any leave, thus have no PTO available for when your kids are on summer break. I'll be leaving this company next year. There are better places out there. Marriott had the reputation of being a great employer, but that certainly will fade, as more of the older people retire and new people with the same crappy benefits are hired.

Who wants to be loyal to you, when you provide such horrible benefits? The pay is already below average, at least give people who you demand BA's, MA's, and CPA's from, a decent vacation policy.

I left for ten years and realized what I was missing!

Current Employee - Manager
    Current Employee - Manager

I have been working at Marriott as a contractor for more than a year

Pros

Great work/life balance
    Leadership - I've had more positive experiences than negative with supervisors at Marriott
    Benefits
    Work from home opportunities
    Advancement opportunities - if you work hard as a team player and you are in the right department

Cons

Reorganization of departments can be stressful
    Technology is behind the times in some departments
    If you have a subpar boss, it can be miserable

I think they might want to integrate their philosophies with their budget more often. I don't think the budgets support their vision - which I think is sincere coming from many leaders.

There are newer employer reviews for Marriott

Worked for Marriott? Contribute to the Community!