There are newer employer reviews for Marsh

All about Marsh

Current Employee - Client Advisor in Washington, DC (US)
Current Employee - Client Advisor in Washington, DC (US)

I have been working at Marsh

Pros

Great access to data/industry expertise and resources. Marsh has a capability that is beyond compare in these areas.

Cons

Marsh has developed minimum standards for servicing placements. Some of these requirements are excellent and obviously needed. However, as far as servicing to the individual client, it often gets in the way of what might be in the best interest of the client by burdening the team with administrative work which hinders servicing needs.

Advice to Management

Marsh's practice of promoting from within is commendable. However, great insurance brokers do not make great managers. Often they are placed within the position without being prepared for the human relation requirements that are needed for the position. I would like to see training provided to these managers so they are prepared with the tools for the job. Invest in the human capital and they will take care of you.

reviews filtered by
  1. Bonne place pour y travailler dans un environnement international Good place to work within international environment

Current Employee - Expert-conseil risques immobiliers in Paris (France)
    Current Employee - Expert-conseil risques immobiliers in Paris (France)

(Translated from English)

Pros

Environnement international, large champs de compétences au sein du Groupe

International environment, large field of competencies within the Group

Cons

Mauvaise gestion des ressources humaines et conduites de Washington via Londres...

Management of Human Ressources are bad, and conduct from Washington via London...

2. Good place to be

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in London, England
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in London, England

I have been working at Marsh

Pros

Good group of people and good knowledge sharing.

Cons

Have to be 'team player' and act overly enthusiastic about everything to be considered for promotions.

Advice to Management

Chillax.

There are newer employer reviews for Marsh