MassMutual
www.massmutual.com Springfield, MA 5000+ Employees

Traditional mutual company focused on whole life sales.

Regional Director (Current Employee)
Springfield, MA (US)

I have been working at MassMutual full-time for more than 8 years

ProsIf you live in the Springfield area, MassMutual is one of the largest employers offering an excellent work environment with several opportunities for career growth and advancement for motivated employees.

ConsIf you don't live in the Springfield area, MassMutual has very limited options.

Advice to Senior ManagementEncourage and motivate employees with recognition and advancement opportunities. Reward employees for taking risks and be aware of complacency.

Young Professionals out of College Stay Away

Financial Consultant (Current Employee)
Houston, TX (US)

I have been working at MassMutual full-time for more than 3 years

Pros: Nice location and seems very professional. Cons: Make sure you have lots of money to start. They charge us for everything business related and nothing is free. Commissions are industry low. Set… Advice to Senior Management: Look to give new reps a salary plus bonus instead… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

A good learning experience.

Brokerage Assistant (Current Employee)
Brentwood, TN (US)

I have been working at MassMutual full-time for more than a year

Pros: Worked with a great bunch of people. Cons: Good ole boy company with good ole boy mentality. Advice to Senior Management: The GA at the agency I was with was not very understanding...had a temper and would blow up at… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

There are newer reviews on MassMutual.

Worked for MassMutual? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at MassMutual reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for MassMutual CEO Roger W. Crandall. All reviews posted anonymously by MassMutual employees.