MasterCard

www.mastercard.com
  www.mastercard.com
There are newer employer reviews for MasterCard

Great business model, Good for your resume, Adequate compensation, Poor mobility options

Current Employee - Business Leader in Purchase, NY (US)
Current Employee - Business Leader in Purchase, NY (US)

I have been working at MasterCard full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

- Unless there is a new player in the industry (possible but there are sizable barriers to entry), they will do well for at least the near future which reflects in the bonus
- Good work-life balance
- Great brand, looks good on a resume

Cons

- You may have opportunities to more laterally to which there is no real benefit, but don't expect upward opportunities
- Most hires for new positions are external

302 Other Employee Reviews for MasterCard (View Most Recent)

Entrepreneurial environment

Former Employee - Director, Consulting in Miami, FL (US)
    Former Employee - Director, Consulting in Miami, FL (US)

I worked at MasterCard full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Very creative environment. They are willing to allow experimentation, which is very satisfying. You have to be able to thrive on chaos since there is a lot going on. I do, so I loved it.

Cons

Some resources don't contribute much and thus their focus tends to be on tangential matters, which creates a frustrating environment at times.

Consider weeding out the low performers. Their equal "participation" during decision making could be discouraging.

Great benefits, very forward-moving

I have been working at MasterCard (more than 10 years)

Pros

MasterCard goes all out to get the programs the customers want. Funding is sometimes tight, but your team finds a way to make it happen. I am proud to work for MasterCard.

Cons

Timeframes can be grueling, some mangement have unrealistic expectations due to lack of detailed knowledge, but that is everywhere. Work some weekends, but not many.

There is still a lot of dead weight with some management, somehow they get by b/c they inherited a good team. Overall, it's hurting progress.

There are newer employer reviews for MasterCard