McKee Foods

www.mckeefoods.com

Used To Be A Good Place To Work

Consultant (Current Employee) Stuarts Draft, VA (US)

ProsThey have a gym and dental and health (which they've decided we should pay more for so they don't have to)

ConsI have to constantly tell them about broken or items that are in disrepair, those items get put on "pass down". Which sounds good but the next maintenance shift is just as understaffed as the last.
We currently have two shifts that are floating among the plant on different shifts because there production lines are dissolved and sharing your line with the "floaters" means up to 2 people must go home everyday to save on efficiency . Employees are getting an average of 32 hours a week or less (depends upon your line). When we asked the vice president what the plan is for getting everybody working again the answer was "we hope to be in better shape in 10 years". which is a cop-out because vice president contracts are for 5 years(based upon work performance by Mike Mckee) Upper management has informed all of management that our plant needs to"clean house" (fire people) So there starting to implement new rules- off the cuff- to start the write up process on as many suckers as possible. The employees have several ideas to save the company lots and lots of money but management won't here it and instead feel its more necessary to take away everyone's job security by telling us the old "do more with less" attitude. Upper management keeps blaming the economy as well for slumped sales. We as employees realize that the economy plays a role but with gas prices and ingredient costs back down it is shameful not to pass those savings on to the customer. Simply by doing so volume sales would raise again. (how bout that , and I've never been to college).

Advice to Senior ManagementUse common sense, offer incentives instead of threats. Listen to employees for advice in being more efficient, new product ideas, and keep the door open on your "open door policy". Stop keeping secrets from your hourly's. Oh and one more thing how bout deducting a percentage of your salary since we're all tapped out in the hourly department.
Thanks for reading

Not easy to get information or resource needed to complete job assignment

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Collegedale, TN (US)

I have been working at McKee Foods

Pros: People are friendly. It is a family culture. Not too busy with your work. Not… Cons: Not enough resource to complete job assignment. Sometimes, need to… Advice to Senior Management: A little open-minded management to share resources with your employees.… More

Life long growth with a family owned company

I have been working at McKee Foods

Pros: Trust respect family values fullfilment of goals growth. This is a… Cons: The business is changing all the time we need to react… Advice to Senior Management: distributor incentives need to be more meaningful Fuel cards for incentives. New items… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on McKee Foods.

Worked for McKee Foods? Contribute to the Community!