There are newer employer reviews for McKee Foods

I have loved working at Mckee Foods.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Collegedale, TN (US)
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Collegedale, TN (US)

I have been working at McKee Foods

Pros

Good wages. Medical Benifits. Family owned and operated. Christian owned.

Cons

I can not think of any.

reviews filtered by
  1. Pretty good place to work.

Current Employee - Production Employee
    Current Employee - Production Employee

I have been working at McKee Foods

Pros

Mckee has decent medical insurance. They also pay a fair wage. They are very health conscious. They provide a clinic and a health coach and also extra programs for health and fitness.

Cons

Some lines have to work on Sundays, which I consider part of the weekend, A day to spend with family.

Advice to Management

Management wants your input on reducing waste...then they change the rules and Want you to waste product, without getting any input from the employees...Senior Management wants employees to train on different jobs...than the supervisors won't let anyone train on their line, because of labor, then when employees want time off...they can't have subs. With some of the lines being so slow and employees not getting their hours, this would be the best time to train.

2. A great place to work!

Former Employee - Human Resources
    Former Employee - Human Resources

I worked at McKee Foods

Pros

Very open with information. They want to hear what you have to say and are dedicated to making McKee a great place to work. Compensation and benefits are competitive. There is tremendous longevity among the workforce and an opportunity for advancement, if you are willing to stick around. The team is very open to diversity and variation in thinking. The family is actively involved in the business and has the competence to perform in the positions they hold.

Cons

While the senior leaders have good intentions there are many great programs, processes and procedures developed but not being actively used and likewise, many dysfunctional programs, processes and procedures being used. Each division is a silo i.e. transportation, distribution, manufacturing and field sales and within each of those divided further within each. This causes the organization to often times work against itself.

Advice to Management

Get rid of the silos. Create one HR function, one IT function and etc. The confusion caused by the division in these functional areas causes employee dissatisfaction and the inability to get a straight answer- most often at the first line level.