There are newer employer reviews for MedAssets

A great place to work

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Alpharetta, GA (US)
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Alpharetta, GA (US)

I have been working at MedAssets full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

I joined MedAssets 4 years ago as a contractor. I became a permanent employee after one year, and have since been promoted twice and am now in a Sr. Management position. My growth in the company can be attributed to a clearly defined career path, hard work, versatility and a manager that supported my growth by continually providing new challenges/opportunities.
We’re a fast growing, midsized company where in my opinion; most employees are provided an opportunity to have a measureable impact. Moreover, the organization fosters an entrepreneurial environment where I can be innovative and risky which in my experience is unusual for this sized company. Finally, I appreciate the fact that we consistently demonstrate a willingness in outreach and community programs; which is driven by our CEO and down through the organization.
Healthcare continues to evolve and to remain competitive in our industry; we have to as well which creates some challenges. That said, in my view, our constant evolution creates opportunity to learn new skills and facilitate career growth. Ultimately, this is a great place to work.

Cons

Seems to have taken longer than normal to integrate all of our acquisitions which has created some challenges in standardizing processes and creating a fluid infrastructure.
Continuity among segments could create more synergy.

215 Other Employee Reviews for MedAssets (View Most Recent)

Not educated or experienced in Healthcare

I worked at MedAssets full-time

Pros

Pay, lack of management intervention

Cons

Poor leadership, lack of teamwork, everyone worked in their own silo, manage healthcare pricing with little consideration of REAL healthcare.
    Management is uneducated in Healthcare and clinical background, most have no clinical healthcare background or experience.

Spend some time in a real healthcare setting, spend time in a clinical setting, rather that only in the administrative offices.

Ok but not without issues

I worked at MedAssets full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Good vacation, good pay for more recent hires. Overall not a bad place to work. I was happy to go to work there before they went public. The bonuses were good, the working conditions were good. It wasn't without issue but was the best place I had worked up until then. Overall the company does treat the employees okay. You can take vacation and get enough of it to matter.

Cons

Things really went downhill after they went public. They started buying up a few other companies and overextended themselves. This caused them to pull hold back salaries and bonuses for a couple of years. They seemed to be unable to rectify or catch up the people who should have. It may have been an inability to identify who they needed to keep. I do believe it was one of the many of failures of their upper management- which seems to be purged every 1-3 years.

Never expect large raises even if you get a promotion so make sure you negotiate a salay that you are happy with for a good while.

Review how much you pay people you want to keep.

There are newer employer reviews for MedAssets

Worked for MedAssets? Contribute to the Community!