MedAssets

www.medassets.com
  www.medassets.com
There are newer employer reviews for MedAssets

A great place to work

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Alpharetta, GA (US)
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Alpharetta, GA (US)

I have been working at MedAssets full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

I joined MedAssets 4 years ago as a contractor. I became a permanent employee after one year, and have since been promoted twice and am now in a Sr. Management position. My growth in the company can be attributed to a clearly defined career path, hard work, versatility and a manager that supported my growth by continually providing new challenges/opportunities.
We’re a fast growing, midsized company where in my opinion; most employees are provided an opportunity to have a measureable impact. Moreover, the organization fosters an entrepreneurial environment where I can be innovative and risky which in my experience is unusual for this sized company. Finally, I appreciate the fact that we consistently demonstrate a willingness in outreach and community programs; which is driven by our CEO and down through the organization.
Healthcare continues to evolve and to remain competitive in our industry; we have to as well which creates some challenges. That said, in my view, our constant evolution creates opportunity to learn new skills and facilitate career growth. Ultimately, this is a great place to work.

Cons

Seems to have taken longer than normal to integrate all of our acquisitions which has created some challenges in standardizing processes and creating a fluid infrastructure.
Continuity among segments could create more synergy.

230 Other Employee Reviews for MedAssets (View Most Recent)

“I worked at MedAssets for six years, it was great at first and then things change...

Former Employee - Former Clinical Denials Representative in Saddle River, NJ (US)

I worked at MedAssets full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

You get a generous amount of PTO time. They offer paid volunteer time for up to a week per year.

Cons

In return for paying half the health insurance premium, deductibles are sky high and payroll deductions go up a lot every year. No PPO/POS option in 2013, HSA only. There are some upper management that do not know what they are doing & do not need to be in the positions they are in. There are too many cliques with some management & employees, a little closer than what there should be. Managers are afraid to back you up, so you end up being thrown under the bus
    It is taking a while to get processes in place, and a lot of people don't know what they are doing
    There is no general documentation, so no reference to what was done, the procedures change every month and not every body is told, so every body is doing something different.
     The first place I have seen where being a long-term employee is actually a liability.

If you have an opinion contrary to your boss or director, it won't matter how good you are or how hard you work or how long you were there. Stop demeaning and making the employees afraid of losing their jobs. The management are knowledgeable in their fields, however lack the ability to lead.

Not educated or experienced in Healthcare

I worked at MedAssets full-time

Pros

Pay, lack of management intervention

Cons

Poor leadership, lack of teamwork, everyone worked in their own silo, manage healthcare pricing with little consideration of REAL healthcare.
    Management is uneducated in Healthcare and clinical background, most have no clinical healthcare background or experience.

Spend some time in a real healthcare setting, spend time in a clinical setting, rather that only in the administrative offices.

There are newer employer reviews for MedAssets