Meditech
www.meditech.com Westwood, MA 1000 to 5000 Employees

A very solid place to work....especially if you don't want work to consume your life completely.

Not Given (Current Employee)
Westwood, MA (US)

I have been working at Meditech

ProsVery good benefits package that includes health/dental, profit-sharing plan and generous bonus program. You don't feel like management is constantly pushing for you to stay late and work overtime, which allows for a nice regimented work week. Hospital software in general is a stable enterprise, but Meditech's outstanding reputation amongst hospitals throughout the US, Canada and overseas means that your job is secure.

ConsDisconnect between middle management and lower employees can be frustrating. Not many low level employees can tell you what their manager does on a day-to-day basis due to them being tied up in meetings for the vast majority of time. Currently, there is not enough staff to meet the growing demands of our customer-base.

Advice to Senior ManagementTreat lower-level employees as people....not statstics or numbers. Robots aren't doing the work....people are.

Meditech will treat you well but educate and pay you poorly

I have been working at Meditech

Pros: The benefits are fantastic, there's a whole lot of flexibility when it comes to time off, and they do treat employees to nice events (there's… Cons: There's very little direction. You are sort of thrown into the water, and you have to figure out on your own how to stay afloat.… Advice to Senior Management: Work on internal documentation tools, and make it mandatory for all groups to have detailed documentation for new hires. Also, consider better starting salaries; today's economy… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

It all depends on the group

Programmer Development (Current Employee)
Framingham, MA (US)

I have been working at Meditech

Pros: If you're lucky enough to get into a good group, the job is really enjoyable. If you… Cons: Starting Salaries were low compared to other offers. Benefits made up for it, but starting almost 15k lower was a big hit initially. … Advice to Senior Management: Stay on the same track you are taking now. Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

There are newer reviews on Meditech.

Worked for Meditech? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Meditech reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Meditech CEO Howard Messing. All reviews posted anonymously by Meditech employees.