There are newer employer reviews for Michaels Stores

This was a great first job, but I feel for those that make it a career.

Former Employee - Front End Supervisor in Indianapolis, IN (US)
Former Employee - Front End Supervisor in Indianapolis, IN (US)

I worked at Michaels Stores part-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Provides a very creative environment with people who have an affinity for such.

Cons

Those that work year round often don't get enough hours and are required to hold multiple jobs. The benefits offered to those who do work enough hours to qualify are measly despite having over 1B in sales annually.

992 Other Employee Reviews for Michaels Stores (View Most Recent)

Great place to work, great people to work with.

Former Employee - Part Time Replenishment Associate in Traverse City, MI (US)
    Former Employee - Part Time Replenishment Associate in Traverse City, MI (US)

I worked at Michaels Stores part-time (less than an year)

Pros

Very flexible scheduling. Great staff. Employee discounts. Good benefits. Descent pay. Art/craft classes available to staff.

Cons

Position I held was only seasonal. Pay period was every two weeks. Not very many hours scheduled weekly. Some confusion when it came to freight unloaded from the truck-what department it belonged to.

Lean machine

I worked at Michaels Stores

Pros

Michaels was a good place to work. Lots of fun and creative people in all areas. I loved working with the people there the most. Everyone was supportive and worked hard. This was also a fast paced ever changing environment which I thrived on.

Cons

Because every department operated so lean, it created an enormous workload. Work/life balance was difficult. Also, the company outsourced a number of job functions to India and that made for a difficult transition. Unfortunately, people lost their jobs.

The right answer to improve profitability is not always to follow what other corporations are doing. Michaels is a place of creative thinkers. Be creative and come up with alternate plans to save and improve profitability and bring the jobs back to the US.

There are newer employer reviews for Michaels Stores