There are newer employer reviews for Microsoft

Despite reservations about Microsoft's future (esp in the consumer space) it treats its employees really well.

Current Employee - Finance Manager in Redmond, WA (US)
Current Employee - Finance Manager in Redmond, WA (US)

I have been working at Microsoft full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

-Respects work/life balance, invests strongly in employees' personal development
-Inclusive and diverse company culture
-People generally change roles every 18-24 months, so lots of opportunities to continue learning

Cons

-Decision-making needs to be more agile in order to catch up to competitors. Because of the many divisions at Microsoft, there's a fair amount of bureaucracy/politics
-Stack-ranking employees (i.e. top 20%, bottom 10%) within teams hurts morale, esp. in high-performing teams
-Cafeteria food not nearly as impressive as other tech companies/startups

8433 Other Employee Reviews for Microsoft (View Most Recent)

An enriching experience, my first one!

Former Employee - Software Development Engineer In Test (SDET) in Hyderābād (India)

I worked at Microsoft full-time (more than an year)

Pros

I have worked for Microsoft for considerably less time than average. It was the best start for my career. The company really cares for its employees, as evident from its employee centric policies. Open door policy of managers, single occupancy cubicles and many more are policies which drive more confidence and affinity in employees towards working for Microsoft.

Cons

Nothing which is big but of course everybody has some. I would mention the performance review changes made recently as not good. It all depends on your reporting manager only.

Nothing specific.

SDET Lead

I have been working at Microsoft

Pros

Great talent, co workers. Cares for community

Cons

Lack of vision at senior management

Better strategy, vision